Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proper introduction
proper introduction
I was born the day after the Apollo moon launch. I am from Kansas USA.
Raised as a christian of course. Born again christian at 7 years of age.
Completely disillusioned by Christianity at 14 years of age.
Attempted to see if it was true that America is a free country and one can believe as one chooses. It was only true on paper.
Went to the military thinking "I will then earn my freedoms." It was worse in the military. Still did my time and served in the first Gulf war.
In my early to mid 20's spent too much time and money looking for a mate. I found out why nice guys finish last but eventually got lucky and found a beautiful red head woman who is now my wonderfull wife.
aquired a black belt in GO-Ju-RYU at the Sam Price accademy in Hutchinson Kansas and continue to practice as much martial arts as i can when my jobs permit it.
Got an education in Medical lab science and found out why it's better to be young when going to college. Oh well. I got through and now after 10 years of being in the lab field in permenent positions from Kansas to Alaska I deceided to be a travelling tech. Fortunatly my wife understands and I do make better money so that helps.

I'm here now to learn and ponder life's tough questions with others who may be doing the same and perhaps have more education on the subject.
My only lament is that I couldn't spend the time and money on an education that majored in philosophy and theology.
RE: proper introduction
Delayed-action-welcome-to-AF-ninja-style!

But really...it took a Vulcan this long to find the "Post Thread" button? Wink
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Hi Logan! Hi Proper welcome to AF!

aaaaaand proper welcome waffles c:

[Image: IMG_7169.JPG]
(August 22, 2015 at 3:54 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Delayed-action-welcome-to-AF-ninja-style!

But really...it took a Vulcan this long to find the "Post Thread" button? Wink

I aspire to be as talented as the Vulcans but alas it is a struggle.
Apollo 8 and 10 were moon missions also. Which mission? I'm in the sputnik baby generation. Guess what I heard growing up.

Thanks for serving. Had to look up GO-Ju-RYU. Sounds cool. Doesn't Seagal incorporate some of this in his fighting style?

Please describe your lab duties/functions.

Of course belated Welcome.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 22, 2015 at 4:22 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Apollo 8 and 10 were moon missions also. Which mission? I'm in the sputnik baby generation. Guess what I heard growing up.

Thanks for serving. Had to look up GO-Ju-RYU. Sounds cool. Doesn't Seagal incorporate some of this in his fighting style?

Please describe your lab duties/functions.

Of course belated Welcome.

so they launched apparently about july 16 and I was born july 17th.
The martial art style is Japanese but really Sam price taught what worked. He even developed the defence against the "sucker punch" In this style the groin kick or punch was also incorperated so one had to watch out for such shots since this would happen in real life. I have also since practiced ju jitsu and kick boxing. I have found that simple moves are best. stick to basics of course my instructor Sam Price would say the same "never forget the basics". If i had a religion I would call it the reverse punch. It works and If you have faith in it then it won't fail you.
Belated welcome from another Apollo baby. I was born forty-eight days after Armstrong et al splashed down, so it's weird to think that I've never known the Moon without human footprints on it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 22, 2015 at 5:08 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Belated welcome from another Apollo baby. I was born forty-eight days after Armstrong et al splashed down, so it's weird to think that I've never known the Moon without human footprints on it.

I remember seeing the moon landing live on TV, though mostly what I remember is how excited my parents were and how much they wanted me to watch it. Everything else in the memory bank is probably footage I saw after the fact.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(August 22, 2015 at 5:13 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(August 22, 2015 at 5:08 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Belated welcome from another Apollo baby. I was born forty-eight days after Armstrong et al splashed down, so it's weird to think that I've never known the Moon without human footprints on it.

I remember seeing the moon landing live on TV, though mostly what I remember is how excited my parents were and how much they wanted me to watch it.  Everything else in the memory bank is probably footage I saw after the fact.

me too but it was a monumentous occasion.
(August 22, 2015 at 4:06 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Hi Logan! Hi Proper welcome to AF!

aaaaaand proper welcome waffles c:

[Image: IMG_7169.JPG]

thank you for those delicious looling wafles but i must decline as I am on a diet of conscious life style

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 727 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 960 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1947 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1358 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3937 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2257 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 1986 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1154 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 976 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2898 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2