Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:05 pm

Poll: How long did you lurk before joining AF.org?
This poll is closed.
I never lurked.
67.86%
19 67.86%
I lurked for some number of hours.
14.29%
4 14.29%
I lurked for some number of days.
3.57%
1 3.57%
I lurked for some number of weeks.
0%
0 0%
I lurked for some number of months.
10.71%
3 10.71%
I'm still lurking.
3.57%
1 3.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much pre-joining lurking did you do before you joined AF.org?
How much pre-joining lurking did you do before you joined AF.org?
People often mention having done some lurking before they joined.  When I thought I'd like to hear from some fellow atheists I just googled atheist forums and landed here.  I clicked the first thread title that appealed to me, read the OP and responded.  I joined an agnostic site at the same time but the traffic there was so light that I lost interest.  I wasn't net savvy enough then but if I had it to do over I would lurk at least until I found a topic of interest and had an idea of where people were coming from.  

So if you did some pre-joining lurking, how much did you do?  Did you have a clear idea of what you were looking for?

Warning: I made the poll public because I'm nosy that way.
RE: How much pre-joining lurking did you do before you joined AF.org?
Pretty much impossible for me to have lurked considering I have the first ever post. Tongue
I was invited by my Darwinian to join and spar verbally with an annoying young fundie. I started and got hooked.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I lurked a couple hours, though I guess I didn't think about it as lurking. I just looked to see if it was worth joining. It was.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I just did a search for an atheist forum, this came up and I dived in Smile I hit gold first time!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
None.

Found it by chance and joined up.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
All of the above.
Haha, I'm still lurking Smile Nice option. I imagine someone signing up just to do this poll then going back to lurking.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Hell, I still don't even have an introduction thread. I just rambled on and expected 3 anonymous strangers to respond to it in 7 months.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(August 28, 2015 at 12:09 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Pretty much impossible for me to have lurked considering I have the first ever post. Tongue

Our young Padawan Vulcan learned his logic well.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1073 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment Woah0 30 1645 September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Woah0
  How much do you weigh? Foxaèr 39 2317 November 30, 2021 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1104 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  If I haven't mentioned it before...... Brian37 2 377 December 29, 2018 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5931 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  How much electricity do your appliances use? Jehanne 4 485 April 17, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Find out how much your fellow forum members are getting screwed Catholic_Lady 68 7177 April 13, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Once again time for how much time you've spent here Foxaèr 23 2659 April 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Star Trek Fans on AF.org vulcanlogician 66 4546 March 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: GUBU