Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird brain shenanigans
Weird brain shenanigans
After I turned my bed around 180°, and thus went from sleeping with my head pointing East to West some 8-9 months ago, my brain has been occasionally tricking me into thinking the change had never happened. In the beginning it would happen nearly every night but with time the occurrences became rarer. I would basically lie awake with the unshakable impression that I'm positioned exactly opposite to how I had actually been lying down. Nothing, save for turning the light on and seeing the room would make me feel normal again.

What is this wizardry? ._.
RE: Weird brain shenanigans
I know the feeling. I have it sometimes with different locations, too (being convinced to be in one place while still half asleep while I'm actually in a different state or country). It's sometimes partocularly weird when I interpret noises I hear (in bed with eyes still closed) in a different context or assume that they come from somewhere different than they actually do.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

After much research, I've come to the conclusion that there are several likely explanations:

A) It's aliens.
B) It's god.
C) It's a trap.
D) It's hammer time.
E) We're teleporting.
F) Fuck it.
Happens a lot to me too, especially when I come back home from campus or when I go back to campus after the holidays. Weird as fuck, innit?
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Among other stores, there are Menards and Costcos that are mirror image floor plans of others in the chains.

I REALLY hate that.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

G) We're not in Kansas any more
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

When she was at uni, my wife moved her bed to the opposite wall. The very first night, she thought she was rolling towards the wall, rolled off the bed and broke her left arm. For me, it's never been quite so extreme, but shortly after furniture is moved, I may get up to go to the jacks in the night and walk straight into a wall.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 29, 2015 at 7:34 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: When she was at uni, my wife moved her bed to the opposite wall. The very first night, she thought she was rolling towards the wall, rolled off the bed and broke her left arm. For me, it's never been quite so extreme, but shortly after furniture is moved, I may get up to go to the jacks in the night and walk straight into a wall.

Boru
Does she sleep in the top bunk?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 29, 2015 at 6:25 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: After I turned my bed around 180°, and thus went from sleeping with my head pointing East to West some 8-9 months ago, my brain has been occasionally tricking me into thinking the change had never happened. In the beginning it would happen nearly every night but with time the occurrences became rarer. I would basically lie awake with the unshakable impression that I'm positioned exactly opposite to how I had actually been lying down. Nothing, save for turning the light on and seeing the room would make me feel normal again.

What is this wizardry? ._.

So to me, the bold seems to be the part that begs for an answer. I've had the kind of feelings you're talking about, maybe not exactly, but similar enough that I think I get it. Is seems like the anxiety of not being certain of your position is troubling you - it seems to me that you could try to adopt a (for lack of a better word) "zen" attitude towards your position. You might find it less troubling if you can.
Why not turn the bed back around the way it way before. Smile
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Borders are weird Foxaèr 5 534 October 28, 2023 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Weird Proposals onlinebiker 35 3008 May 7, 2020 at 4:31 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2615 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Weird ad on bus today ignoramus 21 2013 November 27, 2018 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Brain Frying, IT, Stalkers WinterHold 26 3400 January 24, 2018 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Ever get really weird text messages? Gawdzilla Sama 29 4804 November 14, 2017 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Share Your Weird Dreams Shell B 24 9467 July 28, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Weird Dreams Mechaghostman2 31 2848 February 28, 2017 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Sal
Heart Post your "weird" food combinations. Red_Wind 88 10844 February 28, 2016 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: c172
Exclamation Adblock shenanigans Aractus 21 2350 November 6, 2015 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Jackalope