Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Wonder How Many People
I Wonder How Many People
caught with a nickle bag would get to stay out of prison for their "appeals?"

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/supreme-...ng-appeal/

Quote:Supreme Court says former Virginia governor McDonnell can stay out of prison pending appeal

Glenn Greenwald's book, "And Justice For Some" was spot on.
RE: I Wonder How Many People
The last year was a good one in my country. It did bring on prison sentences for not one, but two conservative shitheads lining their pockets in office.

So I kind of starting to have some trust in our justice system again.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The 'murrican judicial system can never redeem itself until Bush, Cheney, and all those Wall Street Scumbags are jailed.

And buttfucked nightly.
I'm getting mixed signals there . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Most of them wouldn't even be able to afford bail so they could be out of jail awaiting for their trial, let alone their appeal.

Long punishments aren't a deterrent for drugs. It's time they legalize and regulate them. Much like we do with cigarettes.
(September 1, 2015 at 1:31 am)Cecelia Wrote: Most of them wouldn't even be able to afford bail so they could be out of jail awaiting for their trial, let alone their appeal.

Long punishments aren't a deterrent for drugs.  It's time they legalize and regulate them.  Much like we do with cigarettes.
The best way to do that is for the juries to simply stop convicting people.
(August 31, 2015 at 7:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The 'murrican judicial system can never redeem itself until Bush, Cheney, and all those Wall Street Scumbags are jailed.

And buttfucked nightly.

Maybe eight years of Bernie Sanders will help clean the system out. It will take more, but it's a start.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(September 5, 2015 at 9:42 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(September 1, 2015 at 1:31 am)Cecelia Wrote: Most of them wouldn't even be able to afford bail so they could be out of jail awaiting for their trial, let alone their appeal.

Long punishments aren't a deterrent for drugs.  It's time they legalize and regulate them.  Much like we do with cigarettes.
The best way to do that is for the juries to simply stop convicting people.

That is not the case though, Wyrd.

http://www.fairtrials.org/press/plea-bar...n-the-usa/

Quote:A report by Human Rights Watch published in December 2013 confirms the central – and often coercive – role that plea bargaining plays in many criminal cases in the USA.  The report explores how in drugs cases, defendants are routinely offered plea bargains that conform to minimum mandatory sentencing while being threatened with extraordinarily long sentences should they refuse to plead guilty and instead exercise their right to a trial. The outcome of this practice has been a staggering 97% of US federal convictions resulting in a guilty plea, and a concentration of power in the hands of prosecutors rather than courts.
(September 5, 2015 at 11:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(September 5, 2015 at 9:42 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: The best way to do that is for the juries to simply stop convicting people.

That is not the case though, Wyrd.

http://www.fairtrials.org/press/plea-bar...n-the-usa/

Quote:A report by Human Rights Watch published in December 2013 confirms the central – and often coercive – role that plea bargaining plays in many criminal cases in the USA.  The report explores how in drugs cases, defendants are routinely offered plea bargains that conform to minimum mandatory sentencing while being threatened with extraordinarily long sentences should they refuse to plead guilty and instead exercise their right to a trial. The outcome of this practice has been a staggering 97% of US federal convictions resulting in a guilty plea, and a concentration of power in the hands of prosecutors rather than courts.
Everyone knows that and everyone knows someone who uses drugs.  Yet the dummies on the juries become lap dogs and convict people when they could simply not find them guilty and thereby take away the power of the DAs to frame their friends and family members.
The point is these cases do not get to juries most of the time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why so many marriages fail in the US neil 56 2526 January 8, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1285 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Wonder where this is now? Sitting in a trash can somewhere? A Godzilla fan 5 653 July 16, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Drich
  What is it about Trump that has allowed him to acquire so many ardent followers? GODZILLA 53 4466 June 20, 2019 at 1:31 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Why does Politics bring out the worst in so many people? GODZILLA 21 2011 October 10, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  IF You Are Wondering Why There Are So Many Fucking Assholes in Alabama Minimalist 15 1841 August 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Always Wonder Minimalist 7 945 October 28, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I Wonder If He Tried the WLB's Hotel? Minimalist 1 575 August 14, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  No Wonder The Republicunts Will Hate It! Minimalist 1 587 July 30, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  White people assuming other white people like Trump Sterben 81 11755 April 1, 2017 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Sterben