Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hell.. so yeah let's fact check
Hell.. so yeah let's fact check
So your "soul" is sent to hell but we do know this. You need a body and i am guessing a "Soul" is just some form of immaterial energy. 
That being said you shouldn't feel any pain, you wouldn't have any sort of emotion, and that's about it. You would just be energy and that's it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Hell.. so yeah let's fact check
You're trying to persuade idiots with "facts."

[Image: global-warm-facts.jpg]

Why don't you try emptying the ocean with a tea spoon.  You'll make more progress.
'Facts' can be whatever you want them to be when you're dealing with the imaginary.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
If Satan rams his barbed wire wrapped fist into your 'immaterial energy', I'm thinking Satan ain't doing it to while a way the time, he's doing it because it inflicts mortal agony on whatever exists of you at that point.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 1, 2015 at 11:01 am)dyresand Wrote: So your "soul" is sent to hell but we do know this. You need a body and i am guessing a "Soul" is just some form of immaterial energy. 
That being said you shouldn't feel any pain, you wouldn't have any sort of emotion, and that's about it. You would just be energy and that's it.

The soul immediately surviving the body's death and going to Heaven/Hell is a later development in Christian thinking, which many Christians vehemently dispute.  According to the Bible, there is supposed to be a general resurrection of the dead and each will stand for judgement before God. 

Of course, the resurrected body scenario is no more sensible than the soul scenario.
(September 1, 2015 at 11:37 am)Crossless1 Wrote:
(September 1, 2015 at 11:01 am)dyresand Wrote: So your "soul" is sent to hell but we do know this. You need a body and i am guessing a "Soul" is just some form of immaterial energy. 

The soul immediately surviving the body's death and going to Heaven/Hell is a later development in Christian thinking, which many Christians vehemently dispute.  According to the Bible, there is supposed to be a general resurrection of the dead and each will stand for judgement before God. 

Of course, the resurrected body scenario is no more sensible than the soul scenario.

Christers are stuck with either/both whackadoodle assertion regardless, and any other weirdo variation on afterlife, prelife, hell, punishments, rewards, etc.

If they've put so much effort into building a spiritual house of cards ain't no hooey off my ass to pull a card out of the bottom of their edifice.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 1, 2015 at 11:29 am)vorlon13 Wrote: If Satan rams his barbed wire wrapped fist into your 'immaterial energy', I'm thinking Satan ain't doing it to while a way the time, he's doing it because it inflicts mortal agony on whatever exists of you at that point.

Well no one knows if satan event wants to harm us. The only one who actually causes any real harm would be god.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] fact finding mission for non-Christians tackattack 52 4252 March 7, 2019 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2667 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Yeah He's Crazy But In A Nice Way Minimalist 21 6265 July 2, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Holy Bible - fact or fiction? val5662 101 13206 March 28, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 18293 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Let's talk about... yaweh dyresand 106 9858 March 12, 2016 at 10:39 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's Talk About Saints! BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1900 March 8, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 6995 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Let me get this straight... dyresand 92 16038 October 12, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  This made my day - check it out. ignoramus 10 2247 September 18, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Losty