Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let me get this straight...
Let me get this straight...
A being called yaweh loves us presumably "loves" us. And if we do not accept a his son/him dying we go to hell? 
So.. he loves us... and he is willing to let us burn for eternity for not accepting someone dying... what the fuck.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Let me get this straight...
Psst... he's an asshole. A non-existent asshole, but an asshole nonetheless.
(October 8, 2015 at 3:58 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Psst... he's an asshole.  A non-existent asshole, but an asshole nonetheless.

I know that already it bugs me that people think god is good
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(October 8, 2015 at 3:49 pm)dyresand Wrote: A being called yaweh loves us presumably "loves" us. And if we do not accept a his son/him dying we go to hell? 
So.. he loves us... and he is willing to let us burn for eternity for not accepting someone dying... what the fuck.
YES
if you think you're perfect then don't be scared of hell
Well two things. One God does not 'love' everyone. God has conditions that have to be met for us to experience this ever lasting love.

Two Even your love has boundries.
IF you were to ever get married, and had kids. And god forbid one of them got very sick and going to die but also was contagious, would you expose the rest of your family to the one who was deathly sick becaused you 'loved' that kid? Or would you put that sick kid in isolation so as not to infect the rest of your family? From the sick kids pov he could demand to live out his life as if nothing were wrong, but you know the truth of the matter and it would infect everyone else. So do you condemn the 'well' for what the sick wants?

Like it or not dry sand, Sin is that 'sickness.' Hell is that quarantine, God is not going to allow the 'sick' to infect Those in whom He loves especially when He offered you the cure, and you want to spit in his eye and ask "People kill in your name... What the hell?"
(October 8, 2015 at 4:13 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 3:58 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Psst... he's an asshole.  A non-existent asshole, but an asshole nonetheless.

I know that already it bugs me that people think god is good
you think you're good and God is bad
the bible says God is only good and all are bad
who is right?
I think I'm fine and your silly god is a figment of some old goat-fuckers imagination.
(October 8, 2015 at 4:41 pm)Drich Wrote: Well two things. One God does not 'love' everyone. God has conditions that have to be met for us to experience this ever lasting love.

Two Even your love has boundries.
IF you were to ever get married, and had kids. And god forbid one of them got very sick and going to die but also was contagious, would you expose the rest of your family to the one who was deathly sick becaused you 'loved' that kid? Or would you put that sick kid in isolation so as not to infect the rest of your family? From the sick kids pov he could demand to live out his life as if nothing were wrong, but you know the truth of the matter and it would infect everyone else. So do you condemn the 'well' for what the sick wants?

Like it or not dry sand, Sin is that 'sickness.' Hell is that quarantine, God is not going to allow the 'sick' to infect Those in whom He loves especially when He offered you the cure, and you want to spit in his eye and ask "People kill in your name... What the hell?"

If one of my kid gets sick, I won't immediately throw him in quarantine, rather I'd do my best to find the best treatment possible for him. In case of your omnipotent god however, curing the sickness which he created should not be impossible, and so quarantining is moot.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Conditional love? That's the best you can do for an all powerful omnipotent fantasy creature?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 8, 2015 at 4:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I think I'm fine and your silly god is a figment of some old goat-fuckers imagination.

if you think you're perfect then fear not

(October 8, 2015 at 4:52 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Conditional love? That's the best you can do for an all powerful omnipotent fantasy creature?

can atheists say love exists

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get your story straight LinuxGal 1 951 November 29, 2022 at 5:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2670 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 18301 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Let's talk about... yaweh dyresand 106 9858 March 12, 2016 at 10:39 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's Talk About Saints! BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1901 March 8, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Hell.. so yeah let's fact check dyresand 6 2274 September 1, 2015 at 11:55 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Let's get the fact's straight dyresand 74 11416 July 10, 2015 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Question Why did God let people think demons cause epilepsy? Razzle 34 7680 May 22, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Drich
  Let's Give The Muslims A Day Off Minimalist 60 9571 April 7, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Let's all take a trip to the mouth of madness! Esquilax 7 2398 June 19, 2014 at 9:49 am
Last Post: LostLocke