Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Latest Darwin Award
The Latest Darwin Award
Man Shoots Himself Taking Selfie

This is somewhat appropriate for Texas. A guy poses with a gun for a selfie and manages to shoot himself in the throat.

Reminds me of an incident on Guam back in the 90s when I lived there. Shooting ranges there are very popular with Japanese tourists. The American wild west thing. One tourist managed to shoot himself in the ass with a .45. Or maybe it was a .44 - whatever big gun Clint Eastwood used in his western movies. The spent shell casing went down the back of his shirt and burned his skin. He reflexively reached back there with the gun and gave himself a second crack. He was just an out-patient though and was back at the range the same afternoon - short of a little dignity.

This Texan won't be shooting any more selfies or guns though.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: The Latest Darwin Award
ROFLOL
Evolution at work.
Dying to live, living to die.
Reminds me of the guy who demonstrated how safe the window glass was in his skyscraper offices by throwing himself against one. Two insults were added to his injury.

1) The first time he simply rebounded off the glass, as he expected. So he had another go...

2) While he was being scraped into a body bag, it was found that it wasn't the glass that had given way. The frame, on the other hand...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 2, 2015 at 2:40 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Man Shoots Himself Taking Selfie

[Image: giphy.gif]
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Quote:The frame, on the other hand...
Details, details.
I just....ugh. ok ._.

Dumb deaths must be fucking infuriating to the loved ones. It's enough that someone has died, but when they do something really idiotic, it's like an extra layer of what the fuck, man.
(September 2, 2015 at 4:02 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: I just....ugh. ok ._.

Dumb deaths must be fucking infuriating to the loved ones. It's enough that someone has died, but when they do something really idiotic, it's like an extra layer of what the fuck, man.

Yeah, this genius left behind two young children.
Holy shit. I've no words -_-
(September 2, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Yeah, this genius left behind two young children.

Shouldn't have had a gun then. Shouldn't have played around with the shooter then. Most of all, he shouldn't wave a locked and loaded piece while taking a selfie.

This might sound callous, but there are many useless deaths in this world. My compassion for idiots bringing it on themselves is rather limited compared to someone having some freak accident.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The latest billionaire space circle jerk. Brian37 38 2385 September 28, 2021 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  When Darwin goes on a date with Karma ignoramus 4 263 April 19, 2021 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  J.K. Rowling had to return civil rights award Foxaèr 68 4976 October 16, 2020 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Rank Stranger
  Latest mass shooting in France CapnAwesome 20 2371 March 25, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Al Franken is latest to be accused of sexual assault John V 129 19708 December 6, 2017 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Latest Republicunt Health Care Travesty Minimalist 38 9222 July 24, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ohio Man wins War on Christmas Trolling Award Clueless Morgan 7 2885 December 2, 2015 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Charles Darwin the Origin of Species voted most influential academic book in history Heat 28 2784 November 16, 2015 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Alex K