Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggested reading?
Suggested reading?
I like reading, plain and simple.  Big Grin

I own a copy of 'The God Delusion'. It wasn't bad. I'm ~ 50% through 'God is not great'. (Hitchens is a little wordy, and does come off a tad arrogant, two things I think would harm his case for somebody on the fence.)

Once I'm finished, I have no idea where to go next. Likely back into some series. But I'd like to hear any book suggestions you might have for the subject of Atheism. Yes, I know I could do a web search, but I feel reviews and suggestions from you might carry more weight than a few hundred on randoms Amazon. (Since I sort of know you people Rolleyes )

Thanks in advance  Worship
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Suggested reading?
Ehrman  "Jesus Interrupted"
I wish I could help but I sometimes find books on atheism to be....boring Angel
I will recommend Kite Runner instead just in case you haven't read it.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Nailed: 10 Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 8, 2015 at 12:09 am)Spooky Wrote: I like reading, plain and simple.  Big Grin

I own a copy of 'The God Delusion'. It wasn't bad. I'm ~ 50% through 'God is not great'. (Hitchens is a little wordy, and does come off a tad arrogant, two things I think would harm his case for somebody on the fence.)

Once I'm finished, I have no idea where to go next. Likely back into some series. But I'd like to hear any book suggestions you might have for the subject of Atheism. Yes, I know I could do a web search, but I feel reviews and suggestions from you might carry more weight than a few hundred on randoms Amazon. (Since I sort of know you people Rolleyes )

Thanks in advance  Worship

I would recommend reading God: The Failed Hypothesis: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist by the late Victor J Stenger. Also I would recommend The Fallacy of Fine-Tuning: Why the Universe Is Not Designed for Us and Quantum Gods: Creation, Chaos, and the Search for Cosmic Consciousness
undefined
(September 8, 2015 at 12:10 am)Minimalist Wrote: Ehrman  "Jesus Interrupted"

Thank you, I will check that out.

(September 8, 2015 at 12:11 am)Losty Wrote: I wish I could help but I sometimes find books on atheism to be....boring Angel
I will recommend Kite Runner instead just in case you haven't read it.

Heh, yep, we own it. Good book. I understand when you say boring. Our fiction side is much larger than the  non-fiction side.

(September 8, 2015 at 12:12 am)Beccs Wrote: Nailed: 10 Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed

I appreciate it. I've got some ebay profits coming available soon. You're helping us get the next shopping list together.
And it's not that I actually find it boring, it's just things I would rather listen to in Seth the Thinking Atheist's sexy sexy voice. When I'm reading...not so much.

0/10

(September 8, 2015 at 12:17 am)Justtristo Wrote: I would recommend reading God: The Failed Hypothesis: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist by the late Victor J Stenger. Also I would recommend The Fallacy of Fine-Tuning: Why the Universe Is Not Designed for Us and Quantum Gods: Creation, Chaos, and the Search for Cosmic Consciousness

Thank you! I appreciate the help. Smile

Looking to end up with about 5 books on a list.
(September 8, 2015 at 12:30 am)Losty Wrote: And it's not that I actually find it boring, it's just things I would rather listen to in Seth the Thinking Atheist's sexy sexy voice. When I'm reading...not so much.

Not sure I know who that is?
(September 8, 2015 at 12:34 am)Spooky Wrote:
(September 8, 2015 at 12:30 am)Losty Wrote: And it's not that I actually find it boring, it's just things I would rather listen to in Seth the Thinking Atheist's sexy sexy voice. When I'm reading...not so much.

Not sure I know who that is?

I could listen to this guy talk for hours. And often times, I do.

0/10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any tips on reading the bible for an atheist? rensou 49 10295 March 1, 2014 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  Reading the Bible made me an Atheist Cholley71 4 2962 August 3, 2013 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  I am reading the bible. . . Aegrus 6 2044 December 8, 2011 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Reading the bible Ephrium 37 9953 October 29, 2009 at 8:05 am
Last Post: chatpilot