Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am reading the bible. . .
I am reading the bible. . .
Guys, I've been wrong all along. The bible is the work of the almighty Father, and you shouldn't question him. I feel so. . . enlightened now. So free.

Lol.

Anyway, no. I've been reading the bible at the request of a highly, highly religious friend. (Who, by the way, has never read the bible. She didn't even know that her supposed god made Adam out of dirt. When I told her that, she said "No, god made you in his image." She continued to deny the dirt thing, and then insisted that I read the bible.)
It is quite literally the worst book that I've ever read. There is bigotry and hatred everywhere, and about every two pages, someone is either sold to someone else or raped. Sometimes both. I can't even count how many times people have "come in to" slaves. Then, of course, you have the instances of total city/societal destruction about every twenty pages.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
RE: I am reading the bible. . .
Sounds like an X-rated Adult Action / Drama / Sci-Fi story, just what people like to read lol.

(December 7, 2011 at 10:07 pm)Aegrus Wrote: Guys, I've been wrong all along. The bible is the work of the almighty Father, and you shouldn't question him. I feel so. . . enlightened now. So free.

Lol.

Anyway, no. I've been reading the bible at the request of a highly, highly religious friend. (Who, by the way, has never read the bible. She didn't even know that her supposed god made Adam out of dirt. When I told her that, she said "No, god made you in his image." She continued to deny the dirt thing, and then insisted that I read the bible.)
It is quite literally the worst book that I've ever read. There is bigotry and hatred everywhere, and about every two pages, someone is either sold to someone else or raped. Sometimes both. I can't even count how many times people have "come in to" slaves. Then, of course, you have the instances of total city/societal destruction about every twenty pages.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Quote:I've been reading the bible

That should help you fall asleep, though.
I prefer the Lolcat Bible myself. Any holy book that opens with "Oh hai" is worthy of my time.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 7, 2011 at 11:03 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I prefer the Lolcat Bible myself. Any holy book that opens with "Oh hai" is worthy of my time.
Thanks for this. Now anytime someone tells me to read the bible, I will tell them to read that.

"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
I don't know why I bothered reading the bible, it is pretty shitty.
Cunt
(December 8, 2011 at 7:21 am)frankiej Wrote: I don't know why I bothered reading the bible, it is pretty shitty.

Just to remind yourself why you don't believe that shit.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggested reading? Spooky 11 3485 September 8, 2015 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Any tips on reading the bible for an atheist? rensou 49 10339 March 1, 2014 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  Reading the Bible made me an Atheist Cholley71 4 2965 August 3, 2013 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Reading the bible Ephrium 37 10029 October 29, 2009 at 8:05 am
Last Post: chatpilot