Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dod you know a Saudi prince owns part of News Corp?
Dod you know a Saudi prince owns part of News Corp?
Prince Alwaleed bin Talal owns a large stake in News Corp (and therefore Fox News). What's up with that? I am so confused.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/is-saudi-prin...-coverage/

RE: Dod you know a Saudi prince owns part of News Corp?
Old hat, actually.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Alwaleed has been at it for a long time. He had a dedicated chapter in my high school economics book...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I remember hearing about this a few years ago, and it surprised me at first because I was under the impression that FOX was jesus's holy network (and wasn't thinking for myself at that time), but now that I've awoken to the real world I realize many people will do anything for money. I, also, realize now that FOX news is for people that are idiots, that think the anti-christ is always among us, possessing a democratic politician at all times.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Quote:I was under the impression that FOX was jesus's holy network

To quote Emperor Vespasian:  Pecunia non olet

(Money does not smell)

The motto of the right-wing.
Why am I always 'late to the party'? In fact, don't answer that. I was so shocked but it turns out lots of people here know this already. I even searched "Alwaleed". Alwaleed reminds me of Janjaweed for some reason. Just the pronunciation I guess.

(September 15, 2015 at 4:59 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Prince Alwaleed bin Talal owns a large stake in News Corp (and therefore Fox News). What's up with that? I am so confused.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/is-saudi-prin...-coverage/

Dude is so rich he probably own half of me and I don't know it
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
This does not change my opinion of the Saudis one whit.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 15, 2015 at 6:00 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Why am I always 'late to the party'? In fact, don't answer that. I was so shocked but it turns out lots of people here know this already. I even searched "Alwaleed". Alwaleed reminds me of Janjaweed for some reason. Just the pronunciation I guess.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't know that either. The difference between us is that I'm not shocked at all.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4014 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 588 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Is this fake news? I hope so, but I do not know... FlatAssembler 5 781 June 2, 2021 at 4:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Biden on punishing MBS and Saudi Arabia WinterHold 27 2435 March 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 27798 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2515 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2175 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
  BREAKING: Trump Boasted Of Saving Saudi Prince Over Jamal Khashoggi Killing WinterHold 16 1094 September 13, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  BREAKING: Former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia WinterHold 14 894 September 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  BREAKING: Saudi Crown Prince accused of assassination plot against exiled official WinterHold 2 499 August 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda