Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where does your news network lean?
Where does your news network lean?
libguides

Quote:Centrist News

ABC News
Associated Press
BBC News
CBS News
Christian Science Monitor
The Hill
NBC News
Newsweek
NPR
PBS NewsHour
Pew Research Center
Reuters
Time
USA Today
US News & World Report
Wall Street Journal

Leans Right (Conservative) News

The American Spectator
Boston Herald
Fox News
Human Events
The National Interest
National Review
Reason
Washington Times

Leans Left (Liberal) News

CNN
The Guardian
Mother Jones
MSNBC
The Nation
New Republic
The New York Times
The Progressive
Slate Magazine
Washington Post
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Where does your news network lean?
(March 5, 2023 at 11:44 pm)Tomato Wrote: libguides

Quote:Centrist News

ABC News
Associated Press
BBC News
CBS News
Christian Science Monitor
The Hill
NBC News
Newsweek
NPR
PBS NewsHour
Pew Research Center
Reuters
Time
USA Today
US News & World Report
Wall Street Journal

Leans Right (Conservative) News

The American Spectator
Boston Herald
Fox News
Human Events
The National Interest
National Review
Reason
Washington Times

Leans Left (Liberal) News

CNN
The Guardian
Mother Jones
MSNBC
The Nation
New Republic
The New York Times
The Progressive
Slate Magazine
Washington Post

Who runs this "lib guides" site? The sources listed as "leans left" are absolutely NOT what would be called "left" in any other part of the world.

The last time I was forced to watch CNN (in a waiting area at O'Hare) Wolf Blitzer was doing an hour-long infomercial (disguised as news) in which he told us all how totally wonderful it is that the rockets and the rest of the aerospace industry are being completely privatized. This is pro-capitalist, not left. 

The Guardian is a reliable mouthpiece for establishment beliefs -- pro-war, etc.

Mother Jones fell hook line and sinker for Russiagate, and hasn't apologized. 

MSNBC was even worse, with their highest paid "news" anchor inventing wild scare stories about the Russians turning off our heating.

The New Republic was a leading cheerleader for the Iraq war, even as more careful news reporters were warning that the war was based on lies. 

Both The NY Times and the Washington Post are well known to be official spokesmen for the military/industrial complex. 

Corporate press in the US has no "left."
The Only Source Bel Considers Left 

https://sputniknews.com/ (Is Russian Propagnda )

https://thegrayzone.com/ (Repeats Russian Propaganda)

https://www.rt.com/ (Is to go too for most of Bel's "Experts")
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Short list:

Sources I agree with: Good.

Sources I disagree with: Bad.
Russell Brand is my main news source because he is an independent intellectual who has not sold himself to corporate overlords.

[Image: MngLEvUp_o.jpg]

But seriously, my news sources usually lean toward the truth. I don't bother with Fox News since they are proven liars so does that make me a leftist?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Bel has a point. Corporate news is all right leaning - handily dispensing with any batshit notions that the disconnect between people in the us comes down to liberal bias in preferred media.

OFC, sputnik, grayzone, and rt are all right leaning as well, as mouthpieces for a more open (though arguably not more thorough or complete) corporatist oligarchy than our own.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Fox News is not news. Its "Meinungsmache"
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4020 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 527 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are your favorite news sources? DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 7 1115 November 24, 2015 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: c172
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1586 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Fox News does it again StuW 14 2349 January 12, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Napoléon