Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assholes in the news
Assholes in the news
What do you say we try a topic about assholes and assholism in the news and see how it goes?

Like one of the biggest assholes today, Gweneth Paltrow, and crazy headlines about her recently

[Image: nuQMtaVY_o.jpeg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Assholes in the news
Ok, I know that the last post in this topic is (little) over a month old, but sometimes I see such assholery in the news that I can't resist not putting it here

Quote:An explosive prop being built for a gender reveal party accidentally detonated and killed a father-to-be in New York state

Christopher Pekny, 28, (father-to-be) died in the blast and his brother Michael Pekny, 27, was injured, officials said.

The prop under construction wasn't even going to be the final product to be used for the gender reveal, but just the prototype, Trooper Steven Nevel told NBC News.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1258554
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Coca Cola are assholes for pushing one of the most racist things I've ever seen on their employees. "Diversity training".

[Image: coca-cola-be-less-white.jpg]
(February 23, 2021 at 4:47 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Coca Cola are assholes for pushing one of the most racist things I've ever seen on their employees. "Diversity training".

Snopes is working to confirm or deny this as being something that was put out there by Coca Cola.  It's a LinkedIn learning module.  Stand by for the real thing.

Did Coca-Cola's Diversity Training Tell Workers 'Try To Be Less White'? (snopes.com)

Rating
[Image: rating-mixture.png]
Mixture[/url]
About this rating

[url=https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rating/mixture/]

What's True
Screenshots shared widely in February 2021 were authentic snapshots of a real online course on LinkedIn, featuring Robin DiAngelo and entitled "Confronting Racism."

What's False
However, the presence of a Coca-Cola logo in a screenshot taken from LinkedIn does not prove that the video course featuring DiAngelo was required viewing for Coca-Cola employees. Coca-Cola has explicitly denied that the course, which included a section entitled "Try to be less white," was part of the curriculum for its mandatory diversity, equity, and inclusion training.

What's Undetermined
We have not yet been able to corroborate Coca-Cola's denial.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(February 23, 2021 at 4:47 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Coca Cola are assholes for pushing one of the most racist things I've ever seen on their employees. "Diversity training".

By all means, let’s continue at our current levels of oppression, arrogance, certainty, defense, ignorance and pride. Heaven forfend we should listen to people and believe what they say. While we’re about it, we can continue to be apathetic and non-inclusive.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
When I was 5, dad introduced the farm hand to me.  "Son, this is Polecat."

And some dumb kid wants to tell me what's racist.
(February 23, 2021 at 12:43 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Ok, I know that the last post in this topic is (little) over a month old, but sometimes I see such assholery in the news that I can't resist not putting it here

Quote:An explosive prop being built for a gender reveal party accidentally detonated and killed a father-to-be in New York state

Christopher Pekny, 28, (father-to-be) died in the blast and his brother Michael Pekny, 27, was injured, officials said.

The prop under construction wasn't even going to be the final product to be used for the gender reveal, but just the prototype, Trooper Steven Nevel told NBC News.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1258554

Dumb people gotta dumb.
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 23, 2021 at 5:41 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(February 23, 2021 at 12:43 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Ok, I know that the last post in this topic is (little) over a month old, but sometimes I see such assholery in the news that I can't resist not putting it here

Dumb people gotta dumb.

Dumb on so many levels.

[Image: main-qimg-85c84705ab8284a41b04a7396d79f794]
(February 23, 2021 at 5:18 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: By all means, let’s continue at our current levels of oppression, arrogance, certainty, defense, ignorance and pride. Heaven forfend we should listen to people and believe what they say. While we’re about it, we can continue to be apathetic and non-inclusive.

Boru

The main problem is the title -- how to be less white.  That defines "whiteness" as being everything negative on the list.  That is racist.

If we created a list about "how to be less black", would that be okay?

Racism doesn't stop racism.  The hypocrisy of it creates a backlash against real change.
The last racist won' t go out with a bang - or even a wimper.

When racism is gone for good - nobody will even notice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4007 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 526 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hey Trumptards - Enjoy Your Sore Assholes Minimalist 60 6772 May 19, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  You Can't Fool People With Chump Change, Assholes Minimalist 9 1255 March 13, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  And The Fucktards Keep Electing These Assholes Minimalist 10 2136 January 6, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Tough Shit, Assholes. You Broke It, You Own It Minimalist 3 1744 May 29, 2017 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Whatever Shall The Business Criminal Assholes Do Now Minimalist 0 554 April 5, 2016 at 6:35 pm
  Oh Yeah - There Are Some Assholes Running Around Loose Minimalist 31 4783 June 9, 2015 at 5:01 pm
  Yuppie Assholes. Minimalist 2 1184 June 5, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1585 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37