Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
site " logo "
site " logo "
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: site " logo "
It's still a funny slogan. We are supposed to have the logo rotating through various slogans but theVOID needs to send me the files still.
How about my signature.....

INTELLIGENCE IS THE ONLY TRUE MORAL GUIDE...

Sounds great to me...Smile LOL

Or better yet, take the signatures of each person from this site (Atheist ones of course) and every Month make that the sites logo.......
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
(May 8, 2010 at 5:50 pm)bozo Wrote: I've donned my anorak and checked out " blasphemy ". From what I understand, blasphemy is no longer a crime in England and Wales, whereas it still is in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
I don't know the situation worldwide.
I just wonder whether it is a good idea stick with the logo or change it to something else?
What think you all?

Fuck off...!! Leave it alone. It's funny as it is. (as Adrian says)Angel Cloud

Remember the rest of the planet is 2,000 years behind the timesFSM Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Blasphemy is actually illegal in MA, just no one enforces the law. It's one of many Blue Laws. That's what we get for being founded by Puritans.

Anyway, the slogan is not about "crime" per se, but that the act of Blaspheming hurts no one.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(May 9, 2010 at 3:58 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(May 8, 2010 at 5:50 pm)bozo Wrote: I've donned my anorak and checked out " blasphemy ". From what I understand, blasphemy is no longer a crime in England and Wales, whereas it still is in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
I don't know the situation worldwide.
I just wonder whether it is a good idea stick with the logo or change it to something else?
What think you all?

Fuck off...!! Leave it alone. It's funny as it is. (as Adrian says)Angel Cloud

Remember the rest of the planet is 2,000 years behind the timesFSM Grin

fuck off yourself!
I don't really care that much....it's just a matter of accuracy.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Well, you're assuming that the just because it's not a crime in England that it makes it inaccurate. There are lot of countries where it is a crime, and lots of states in the US where it is listed as a law, though not enforced. Furthermore, the UN has been passing blasphemy resolutions to protect Islam from criticism. So it is relevant if you dared to look outside your little country.

Furthermore, even if all of the above wasn't true, it still used to be a huge crime in the past and that's enough to make the statement relevant.

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(May 9, 2010 at 12:03 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: Well, you're assuming that the just because it's not a crime in England that it makes it inaccurate. There are lot of countries where it is a crime, and lots of states in the US where it is listed as a law, though not enforced. Furthermore, the UN has been passing blasphemy resolutions to protect Islam from criticism. So it is relevant if you dared to look outside your little country.

Furthermore, even if all of the above wasn't true, it still used to be a huge crime in the past and that's enough to make the statement relevant.

The statement as it stands is not universally accurate. Accurate is not the same as relevant.
I thought I said that I didn't know what the situation is worldwide and I won't take lessons from an American about looking outside my little country.
Keep the logo, what do I care?
In a forum used by international users, it's relevant. Furthermore, that UN Blasphemy law I mentioned, that's relevant to the UK being a UN resolution and all. -_^

If you don't care so much, why bother with this post? Why continue responding?

The point is, you're wrong, and me being American has nothing to do with it, I didn't cite only laws in my own country. You only cited reasons within your country, hence my remark above. If you're trying to imply that because I'm American I can't know anything about other countries, well you're making sweeping generalizations about the American people which is borderline bigotry, and we don't tolerate that here.

(May 9, 2010 at 5:42 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: In a forum used by international users, it's relevant. Furthermore, that UN Blasphemy law I mentioned, that's relevant to the UK being a UN resolution and all. -_^

If you don't care so much, why bother with this post? Why continue responding?

The point is, you're wrong, and me being American has nothing to do with it, I didn't cite only laws in my own country. You only cited reasons within your country, hence my remark above. If you're trying to imply that because I'm American I can't know anything about other countries, well you're making sweeping generalizations about the American people which is borderline bigotry, and we don't tolerate that here.

I'm not wrong. Your logo is not universally accurate.
I don't care that much if this site wants to put itself open to challenge on its logo. I will respond to crass posts like yours until I get bored.
Your country is introspective.
Whole swathes of its population think France is in Hamburger.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old friend wants to get back on this site... Brian37 12 2918 July 23, 2019 at 2:27 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Having site issues Foxaèr 11 1651 November 1, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Was the site temporarily inaccessible? Foxaèr 1 1125 April 23, 2015 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mobile site BrokenQuill92 5 1982 April 28, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  My phone doesn't like this site Cyberman 2 1441 July 22, 2013 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  MK ...just WTF is happening with this site?? KichigaiNeko 20 4916 March 2, 2011 at 11:59 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  Logo Design? Tiberius 17 17029 October 1, 2008 at 10:32 am
Last Post: bozo