Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big News! Had to tell somebody.
Big News! Had to tell somebody.
She made me promise not to let any of our family know, yet, but none of you guys know our families, so I figure it's safe enough, and I gotta tell somebody:

She's pregnant! 

We weren't sure I'd ever be able to have kids again because I lost a testicle back in 2008 due to surgery for testicular cancer and radiation (which might have wiped out the other one). We already have a son, who just turned nine on the 1st of this month, but I was incarcerated before he was born, so I wasn't there for most of her pregnancy or for the delivery, first steps, etc. Our son really wants a sibling, and we were very much hoping to have another, but considered it medically unlikely. When she originally learned I was to lose one of my testes, she replied, "Well I guess we'll have to try twice as hard, now, won't we?" (One of many reasons I love this woman!) We looked up the odds, based on my situation, and it turned out that with our ages and the surgery, the odds were an average of 6.8 years of trying to succeed with a conception.

Apparently we "succeeded" the first night I got out of prison, back in late April. Devil (large)

She estimates right at five months; she waited to tell me (and let me think she was just gaining weight!) until she was absolutely sure... and then waited some more, because now she's showing and there's no more hiding it.

She's going in next week to find out what sex, and we'll start picking baby names. I'm so excited, you guys!!!

Group Hug
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

RE: Big News! Had to tell somebody.
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!

No catching up with me though. Seriously dude that is so awesome!!
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Congratulations!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Yeah, turns out the way to beat the 6.8 year average is to not have sex for nine years. Tongue
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Congrats bud. :thumbs:

Congratulations! ^_^
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 24, 2015 at 5:01 pm)lkingpinl Wrote: YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!

No catching up with me though.  Seriously dude that is so awesome!!

Doesn't mean I can't try! Tongue

I don't know whether to offer congratulations or condolences.

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Lolz. So we're a bunch of nobodies, huh.  Tongue

Congratulations, Rocket.
Wow! Well done! So happy for you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 746 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Conversations with the big guy Angrboda 18 1428 December 2, 2021 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  The Big Lie of Vegans. onlinebiker 20 1220 July 5, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 619 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  had had and the lexical ambiguity Rhizomorph13 4 340 March 4, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I never had hangover. purplepurpose 15 1291 February 25, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  was it my big boobs or just the wrong stool funcouple 8 920 August 30, 2019 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2017 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1289 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I had no idea my ex wife was in the neighborhood onlinebiker 3 511 January 21, 2019 at 9:35 am
Last Post: onlinebiker