Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone!
Hi everyone!
Hi everyone! I'm a 16 year old ex-muslim that lives in Morocco, I became an atheist when I was 12-ish and boy was I happy to find out that there was no mystical being that was watching me rubbing one out, anyway, I'm kind of a closeted atheist since Morocco is a muslim country and apostasy is punishable by 15 years in prison, so there's that.
Currently only two people know that I'm an atheist both of them are not from my family.
Looking back at the times when I was muslim, I find it funny that I was one of the most devout ones out there, I've never doubted anything in the Quran, at one point I even tought that mountains are pegs that hold the earth in its place xD. I made my decision to leave Islam after a very intense arguement with an atheist, that guy (or gal) showed me how wrong I was about basically everything, he showed me imperfections in a book that I tought was perfect etc, that person changed my outlook on life completely, it's sad to think that I'll never meet him (or her).
Look at me rambling again xD anyway thanks to anyone who took the time to read this.
And share some information about yourselfs in the replies, I'll be glad to read them.
RE: Hi everyone!
Welcome.

Remember to clear your history and, if possible, use a proxy server.  You don't want to leave an evidence trail.  15 years is a long time.
Most Welcome.

Like Min said, keep your head down and ass covered.

Me, just an old fart in the middle of the US. Stopped believing at age 13. Don't really have any animosity toward religion or religious people until they try to in force their beliefs on me.

Surf around a little. You'll find some interesting stuff.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome, Ma! Smile

Not to keep rubbing it in, but.. yeah, use a proxy server, or two.. use TOR browser, even on your phone... do whatever you can to cover your bindings to this place...

Apart from that, I'm a bit north of you, in Portugal. Feel free to drop in anytime, 'cause this is one of the best places in the world to be an atheist. Wink
Hello and welcome!

And, as others have already said, stay safe.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
I am a bit up north in Portugal, stuck between the spanish and the Atlantic. We try our best to keep the world real.

Welcome
(September 27, 2015 at 3:37 pm)Ma Evolved Wrote:  I'm kind of a closeted atheist since Morocco is a muslim country and apostasy is punishable by 15 years in prison, so there's that.

Sometimes when we're complaining about Christian domination of our culture, here in the United States, it's easy to forget that many Muslim countries haven't broken the grip that Christians used to have on western nations... I'm so glad you're here, but very frightened for you.

Please do as the others advised, and cover your tracks.

And remember that any secret told to one person is no longer a secret. Humans have a bad habit of blabbing, especially teenagers.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Welcome. You are among friends here Smile

Welcome
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Welcome
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Welcome.

As has been stated, please take all possible precautions to protect yourself.
Dying to live, living to die.