Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a question about the Great Flood
I have a question about the Great Flood
What provoked God to flood the world? What wrongs did humankind commit exactly?
RE: I have a question about the Great Flood
Buttsechs, brah.
They were "wicked." More affiant sayeth not. God kills lots of people in the OT for unspecified wickedness.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
How about genetic pollution between Giants (the Nephilim) and "normal" humans? They heard Earth girls are easy, had their way with them and went about creating a race of Nephilim/Human hybrids. And no one, especially God, likes a hybrid!

So, everything needed killin' to cleanse the gene pool. Of course, he could have just twitched his Godly snout, said "Poof! Out with you filthy Nephilim and yur spawn!", but that didn't test well in the focus groups and marketing studies; too boring!
There was no great flood.

God didn't do shit.

Put down that fucking bible and learn some reality.
As usual, the Brick Testament explains things nicely:

http://www.bricktestament.com/genesis/hu...6_01a.html
He has a whole fucking universe, couldn't he just leave those guys to it and go make some more buddies on another planet?

No, he has to murder everyone because that's what true love is about.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(September 28, 2015 at 1:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote: There was no great flood.

God didn't do shit.

Put down that fucking bible and learn some reality.

Was posing the question for the purpose of pointing out a plot hole. Asshole.
It's kind of vague. They were all "evil", and some say the fallen angels had sex with humans to make nephelim. How it got that bad, and what god was doing in the meantime is unclear. I think this kind of problem comes up later, where it shows Yahweh being upset with people, but not really doing anything about it until it gets to a point where he believes killing them all off is justified.

Floods happen because Humans liked putting cities near sources of water. Sometimes someone might put their belongings, including animals, on a boat to float them safely. Wouldn't it be crazy if there was one huge worldwide flood where a guy and his family had to float a bunch of animals to keep the species alive? Nevermind the myriad of problems arising from this.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

He had daddy issues.

Cool name btw Smile

Human woorrrk, Human worrrkkkkkk, Huummaaann wooorrrrkkk Caesar love humans more than apes! Big Grin
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Noahide Flood LinuxGal 67 3433 December 7, 2023 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Huolpoch
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 6985 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  So, what would an actual 'biblical' flood look like ?? vorlon13 64 14594 August 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Constantine the Great Der/die AtheistIn 14 4485 July 3, 2017 at 2:33 pm
  Tell Me Again How Great Fucking Xtians Are Minimalist 44 13334 June 26, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Flood destroys Tony Perkins' house drfuzzy 14 2083 August 18, 2016 at 10:03 am
Last Post: brewer
  God: The Great Tempter Rhondazvous 146 17587 March 5, 2016 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Christians i have a question dyresand 36 6777 October 26, 2015 at 6:00 pm
  Evisceration of the mythical Global flood goodwithoutgod 13 3240 October 17, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  you have to have faith..and there's a purpose k2490 16 5762 June 1, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: KUSA