Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water found on MARS! [Breaking NASA News]
Water found on MARS! [Breaking NASA News]
Water has been found on Mars! 

(incase you aren't understanding what this means);
It is now much more plausible that people will be able to travel to mars. Mars is revealing that it was once much like Earth, and is not the dry and super arid climate we know it as. Water also increases the likelihood for life existing on mars immensely, so expect more news to come as a wide range of possibilities opens due to the discovery of water existing on mars.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/28/us/mars-na...ouncement/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/...-live.html
RE: Water found on MARS! [Breaking NASA News]
The water is actually a nasty chemical porridge of sulfates, chlorides, and weird peroxides and stuff like rocket fuel.

I suppose if it tastes just like the kind momma made when you were just out of the husk and hadn't gone through your chrysalis stage yet, it would be fine . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I agree that this improves the chances for finding life on Mars (consider some of the extremophiles we have right here at home), but I don't see it improving the chances for human beings travelling to Mars (nil, for the foreseeable future).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don't expect more news in the short term... it's huge enough, mind... but if liquid water is to be found in any kind of plentiful amount: I'm rather more curious about establishing underground martian cities, now. I'll start getting really excited when we get someone to mars and back again Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:I'll start getting really excited when we get someone to mars and back again

Your great-grandkids might live to see it, so...chin up!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Rocket fuel!?! Even better! Tongue
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(September 28, 2015 at 6:28 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I agree that this improves the chances for finding life on Mars (consider some of the extremophiles we have right here at home), but I don't see it improving the chances for human beings travelling to Mars (nil, for the foreseeable future).

Boru
It's not about agreeing, NASA said themselves(can't find where i read it) that they are very interested in sending people up to mars soon in their reveal. I think this discovery will fuel and push people to innovate, invent, and allow humans to travel to mars. I think of it as how eager we were to travel to the moon. The moon was unknown, it was unexplored and mysterious. Finding water on what we thought was a completely dry landscape, not only gives us insight in to the past of what the planet was like, but more importantly it reignites the mystery of the planet, it gets people thinking "Well I wonder what else we are wrong about, or haven't discovered?" again, which was lost in my opinion with all the new technologies developed such as the mars rover. People started assuming that we knew everything there was to know, and that after all this time they most likely wouldn't discover anything significantly different if they hadn't already, especially since mars is the most talked about/observed planet outside of the moon/earth. The discovery itself does not matter all that much, what matters is that we were wrong, and if we were wrong once we can be wrong again. That's the mystery, and mystery is the nurturer of dreams, innovation, and creativity. Without mystery, there's no need to search for alternate answers. 

Neil Degrasse Tyson said "We stopped dreaming". Let's start again.
(September 28, 2015 at 6:34 pm)Violet Wrote: I don't expect more news in the short term... it's huge enough, mind... but if liquid water is to be found in any kind of plentiful amount: I'm rather more curious about establishing underground martian cities, now. I'll start getting really excited when we get someone to mars and back again Tongue

Let's send Trump.... and skip the 'back again' part.
This is really exciting. Although, I feel a bit guilty for being a bit skeptical.

Could NASA be inflating these findings to drum up funding or political allies? Looking at a conservative congress and Donald Fucking Trump, I couldn't blame them if they were.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Whatever it is, they're going to have to science the shit out of it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4014 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  'For Allah' Inscription Found on Viking Era Ring WinterHold 26 1359 September 29, 2021 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  BREAKING: Loujain Al-Hathloul FREE ! thanks Biden ! WinterHold 24 1154 February 15, 2021 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1258 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  BREAKING:Clashes erupt after Trump loyalists march against election results WinterHold 28 2101 December 14, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Aegon
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1255 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  BREAKING: Trump suggests US over-reporting COVID deaths WinterHold 23 2023 November 2, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  BREAKING: Macron vs Islam: or Macron vs Erdogan ? WinterHold 9 365 October 27, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  BREAKING: Trump Boasted Of Saving Saudi Prince Over Jamal Khashoggi Killing WinterHold 16 1092 September 13, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  BREAKING: Former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia WinterHold 14 894 September 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate