Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon Shooting - Guess why?
Oregon Shooting - Guess why?
So this guy Chris Harper Mercer killed like 13 people in Oregon.
Guess what was the question he asked his victims before killing them. You have guessed: it was "What is your religion?"
Hours after the incident, a lot of people gathered last night to pray for the victims.
An so on goes the madness...

“Others had been injured and then this man had enough time – I don’t know how much time elapsed – he was able to stand there and start asking people one by one what their religion was.

“‘Are you a Christian?’ he would ask them, and ‘if you are a Christian then stand up’ and they would stand up. He’d say ‘because you are a Christian you’re going to see God in about one second’ and then he shot and killed them. And he kept going down the line doing this to people."
RE: Oregon Shooting - Guess why?
(October 2, 2015 at 4:05 am)marianomanto Wrote: So this guy Chris Harper Mercer killed like 13 people in Oregon.
Guess what was the question he asked his victims before killing them. You have guessed: it was "What is your religion?"
Hours after the incident, a lot of people gathered last night to pray for the victims.

“Others had been injured and then this man had enough time – I don’t know how much time elapsed – he was able to stand there and start asking people one by one what their religion was.

“‘Are you a Christian?’ he would ask them, and ‘if you are a Christian then stand up’ and they would stand up. He’d say ‘because you are a Christian you’re going to see God in about one second’ and then he shot and killed them. And he kept going down the line doing this to people."
Maybe he was an autistic sjw? Idk. I don't like Oregon anyway.
(October 2, 2015 at 4:05 am)marianomanto Wrote: So this guy Chris Harper Mercer killed like 13 people in Oregon.

[...]

You're absolutely right - it's totally religion's fault. If christianity didn't exist - this would have never happened.

Sigh... smh
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Think how wonderful it would be if we woke up tomorrow and there was no religions at all. NONE of them, only science and reason.
(October 2, 2015 at 6:11 am)marianomanto Wrote: Think how wonderful it would be if we woke up tomorrow and there was no religions at all. NONE of them, only science and reason.

Fairies and elephants are floating from everyone's asses.

Get real, man. If it wasn't about religion, it would be a different nutjobbery. Do you really think, guys like that can tick without any ideology to lean their sorry asses on?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
He was a Woo-ist, not an atheist. Dunno where he got that much anger at the Christians, but we should probably be prepared to handle an influx of living martyr-complex idiots coming here to scream at us atheists, over the next few days. Angry

On the other thread on this topic, I posted his online info that showed he was into "spirituality" and other woowoo concepts.

Not an atheist. Not a skeptic. And definitely not a freethinker or a humanist. Sad

Edit to Add Link:

http://heavy.com/news/2015/10/chris-harp...stagram/2/

Second Edit: Browsing that site, I notice his email was [email protected] and he had ordered a $150 piece of Nazi memorabilia online, to go with his shaved head. He lists interest in occult and magic, called himself "not religious but spiritual", and has a picture posing with his rifle.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Insane troll thread is insane.
The OP is part right and part wrong. The dominant narrative of a few vocal AF members will downplay the anti-Christion rhetoric of the shooter or try to explain it away. A fair minded reader will see little difference between the shooter's rants and a few I've seen that earned multiple kudos.

However there really is no way to know if his bigotry was the cause or symptom of his hostility.
A sad situation regardless of the catalyst.

I wish the families some peace...knowing full well they might not find it.

Sad
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
religion didn't kill anyone! guns did! hello McFly!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A challenge to anyone I guess! Mystic 27 5173 June 10, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible Face2face 56 15567 November 16, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?.... Chad32 54 11671 November 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I guess you never thought about it, did you? Little Rik 68 16344 September 24, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  I have a secret (A secret secret) - Can you guess it? StrongWaters 46 8003 December 11, 2013 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: StrongWaters
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 11559 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Dawkins and Hitchens blamed for Connecticut Shooting. Deicide73 4 1781 January 5, 2013 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Deicide73
  Beaverton Oregon church sues family after they criticize it online Ziploc Surprise 8 4471 May 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Norway attack suspect returns to scene of shooting Judas BentHer 0 1198 August 14, 2011 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Judas BentHer