Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?....
Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?....
Mass shootings are horrible. When it happens in a school, theists want to talk about how we need god in the classrooms. But mass shootings happen at churches too. So what's the solution there? Obviously being a place of prayer, where the people worship god, does not prevent psychos from busting in and gunning people down. This is how you know the whole "get god back in the classroom" is just a political stunt, right? Because buildings where prayers and praise take the forefront are not magically protected, any more than any other building.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?....
Oh my.

You're pointing that out ??

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I was watching a story about a shooting in a church, and it just hit me. I guess it is pretty obvious, but I felt like venting. Plus I so rarely actually start threads on this board anyway.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Do people actually think that putting God back in the classroom will stop the shootings?
The bugle sounds as the charge begins

But on this battlefield no one wins

- Iron Maiden, The Trooper
um . . .

Yes. Yes there are quite a few who do.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 11, 2017 at 8:45 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Mass shootings are horrible. When it happens in a school, theists want to talk about how we need god in the classrooms. But mass shootings happen at churches too. So what's the solution there? Obviously being a place of prayer, where the people worship god, does not prevent psychos from busting in and gunning people down. This is how you know the whole "get god back in the classroom" is just a political stunt, right? Because buildings where prayers and praise take the forefront are not magically protected, any more than any other building.

In the early days of America, churches were actually preferred targets for lightening strikes because of their steeples. They eschewed Franklin's lightning rod as heretical for controlling the "artillery of the heavens." They came around eventually.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Indeed.

The town brothel would survive storm after storm unscathed, while church steeples were regularly blasted by God's terrible swift lightning.

Tough to argue the churches had God's favor when they kept burning down and the brothel remained standing.

(November 11, 2017 at 9:45 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Indeed.

The town brothel would survive storm after storm unscathed, while church steeples were regularly blasted by God's terrible swift lightning.

Tough to argue the churches had God's favor when they kept burning down and the brothel remained standing.

People have selective memory.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
New Years Eve, 2010, we had a tornado go through St. Louis. Only damage was to a church.
I dont think having "God in schools" (whatever that means) would have changed anything.

The difference between school shootings and church shootings though, is that school shootings are usually done by one of the school's current students. For church shootings, it's usually an outsider.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The absurd need for logical proofs for God R00tKiT 225 14236 December 31, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  God is a Mass Murderer AniKoferBo 210 16692 May 19, 2020 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: no one
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1375 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7010 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Awkward School Religious Experiences? Jade-Green Stone 14 1361 December 8, 2018 at 8:30 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  School bible circle ShirkahnW 9 1155 November 20, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible Face2face 56 15565 November 16, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Christian in need of help (feeling uneasy about God quote)!! MellisaClarke 99 30916 May 29, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Does god need your help? robvalue 66 9125 May 19, 2016 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  I'm God. What evidence do I need to provide? robvalue 297 28020 November 16, 2015 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet