Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 7, 2024, 9:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Christians
Dear Christians
Dear Christian

It has come to my attention that most of you have no Idea what your holy book says, and those that do IGNORE parts or do mental gymnastics that would put an olympic gold medal gymnist to shame in order to justify it to themselves. Here at my desk I have 2 bibles KJV and NIV and according to these so called holy books if you wear or own a Crusifix you are in direct violation of the 2nd commandment. Its not like its some obscure commandment its number TWO and you peeps cant even get it right......
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
RE: Dear Christians
haha This is getting really tiresome.
hey I'm just looking out for you Smile
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
C'mon Watson. Respond to the post. Those who wear crucifixes are in violation of the 2nd commandment.

What say you?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
You guys don't get it. He hasn't read the second commandment so he can plead ignorance. He'll just tell god that he thought you guys were pulling his leg about what you said the 2nd commandment was all about. So stop ruining his plan!
Come my brethren and feast upon one another! (S)He who triumps and has eaten us all will be blessed with the knowledge of all those with whom (s)he has consumed!
Most is a pretty strong word... however for the sake of sincerity I'll humor you unless this turns out to be another snarky pile of BS and intolerance. I do not ignore any parts and find some use in everything when taken in context. I'm also not smart enough to do any gymnastics, mental or otherwise. I have read many versions of many holy dictrine and would be happy to discuss them as time permits.

If you wear a crucifix and pray to it instead of God, that is idolatry and is indeed a sin, correct. If you wear a crucifix because it's a good converstaion starter to get people to talk about religion, then it's actually a tool for evangilizing and supported by Jesus' decree.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(May 14, 2010 at 12:23 pm)tackattack Wrote: If you wear a crucifix and pray to it instead of God, that is idolatry and is indeed a sin, correct. If you wear a crucifix because it's a good converstaion starter to get people to talk about religion, then it's actually a tool for evangilizing and supported by Jesus' decree.

Is there any other diety that is represnted by there instrument of execution?

seems kinda strange to me.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

How about if you wear it because you think it makes you better than people who don't?
What if you wear a crucifix because you like it as a piece of jewlery?

Would people assume you were christian?

My wife has some crosses she wears and shes not a christian(anymore).

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

@DBP- Not that I'm aware of.

@Min-Then that is covered by a different sin, but a sin none-the-less

@DBP- Then it has no subjective meaning therefore isn't relatable to a sin, as far as what other people think.. who cares.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1330 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 9205 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dear Xristards Don't Pick On Muslims Minimalist 20 2846 July 24, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Dear Atheists ParagonLost 111 17688 December 1, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: GOĐ
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 35356 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Dear god dyresand 14 2036 May 3, 2016 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Dear Satan dyresand 9 2762 April 30, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Dear christians... dyresand 1 1178 April 2, 2016 at 4:02 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Question Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? Aractus 144 53488 October 9, 2015 at 6:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Dear Theists Silver 79 16995 September 25, 2015 at 11:20 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb