Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
running out of friends!
running out of friends!
Wife and I used to catch up with several friends regularly over the years.

1] John -My mate from primary school - lifelong friend - married 25 years - 2 kids.
    Left his wife and kids for (wait for it!) another bloke! Yes, it took him 50 years to come out!

2] Mark my copper mate... Lots of great times together with him and his wife Vivienne.
    Only to find out that he's been seeing another woman the last few times they visited us as a couple.
    My wife won't forgive him for that!  women! go figure!

3] Dario - shacked up with a woman with 2 kids! He treated them like his own kids - nicest guy you could meet.
     8 years later she left him out of boredom! Met a pilot interstate who sounded more interesting!

4]  My own godson Michael (I baptised him when I was 12).  3 great kids and "HE" met another woman while visiting Greece!
     (My sister tells me that it was pretty much over before then, which is why he went by himself)

5]  Nephew - had a kid, Noah, with his Girlfriend, she wanted to get married, he wasn't ready, she didn't want to wait ...it's over.
She lives on one end of Australia, he's on the other!

What the fuck is wrong with everyone!
Truth is, we're probably just old fashioned fuddy duddies! This stuff must be no biggie these days...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
running out of friends!
Well maybe you should get with it man. You two can go to some nudist camps and let that segway right into some swinging. You won't be fuddy duddies anymore and your pool of friends will grow leaps and bounds.
RE: running out of friends!
Kusa, that's my biggest fear man! What if I go and walk around cracking a fat all day!@ how embarrassment! hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Could always consider going to church. hehe
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Can I stress that nudist camping is not a swinger club. One could even argue that it is the opposite of sex.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The only thing that has changed is that people are more open with their flaws and troubles.
Humans, in-general, haven't evolved for monogamy. We're not swans or Disney characters.

We're intelligent, violent, sex crazed mutant primates. Most of the relationships we ever form are based on need. If you lose touch with someone you'll find that its because the effort to stay intouch outweighed the benefit of doing so.
Our view of things is sentimental, our actions are mercenary.

Once you realize this its a little difficult to be disappointed or surprised.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I think the sooner people recognize and accept that we are not all meant for monogamous relationships the divorce rate will drop. In 2015 the vast majority of people still think that there's some kind of requirement to grow up, get married, and start popping out kids. Marriage isn't for everyone, neither is parenting.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 5, 2015 at 7:35 am)ignoramus Wrote: Kusa, that's my biggest fear man! What if I go and walk around cracking a fat all day!@  how embarrassment!   hehe

tehe...Just googled the phrase "cracking a fat." The cracking part that made me wonder. 
I'm going to make that phrase a thing in the States.
(October 5, 2015 at 10:35 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(October 5, 2015 at 7:35 am)ignoramus Wrote: Kusa, that's my biggest fear man! What if I go and walk around cracking a fat all day!@  how embarrassment!   hehe

tehe...Just googled the phrase "cracking a fat." The cracking part that made me wonder. 
I'm going to make that phrase a thing in the States.

It's taking all of my physical strength to resist making a pervy joke here. I've filled my quota for the month.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(October 5, 2015 at 6:45 am)ignoramus Wrote: Wife and I used to catch up with several friends regularly over the years.

1] John -My mate from primary school - lifelong friend - married 25 years - 2 kids.
    Left his wife and kids for (wait for it!) another bloke! Yes, it took him 50 years to come out!

2] Mark my copper mate... Lots of great times together with him and his wife Vivienne.
    Only to find out that he's been seeing another woman the last few times they visited us as a couple.
    My wife won't forgive him for that!  women! go figure!

3] Dario - shacked up with a woman with 2 kids! He treated them like his own kids - nicest guy you could meet.
     8 years later she left him out of boredom! Met a pilot interstate who sounded more interesting!

4]  My own godson Michael (I baptised him when I was 12).  3 great kids and "HE" met another woman while visiting Greece!
     (My sister tells me that it was pretty much over before then, which is why he went by himself)

5]  Nephew - had a kid, Noah, with his Girlfriend, she wanted to get married, he wasn't ready, she didn't want to wait ...it's over.
    She lives on one end of Australia, he's on the other!

What the fuck is wrong with everyone!
Truth is, we're probably just old fashioned fuddy duddies!  This stuff must be no biggie these days...

Not everyone has a problem with monogamy.  I am happily married, and have been for over 20 years.  I expect to be with my wife until I die.

In my case, I was not in a hurry to marry, and did not marry young.  

I remember reading some divorce statistics about the divorce rate being much higher for people who marry when young versus those who marry when old.  I just did a quick search to find it:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_23/sr23_022.pdf

There are many other things that correlate with the divorce rate, but the age thing in particular makes a lot of sense to me (though some of the other things make sense, too; see the document at the link above).  (I know, it is U.S. statistics; you can search online for your country, but I expect that the age correlation will stand nearly everywhere.)  The human brain is not fully formed until about the age of 25 (which explains why a typical 25-year-old is generally more sensible than a typical 20-year-old).  But also, if you commit to something early on, you are more likely to change your mind about what you want out of life than if you wait until you are older, as you are more likely to be settled in your thinking and less likely to change your mind about what you want.  Of course, "less likely" does not mean that no one does (as, for example, your friend who came out gay after 50 years).

For me, getting married was the best decision of my life.  For many people, though, getting married is the worst decision of their lives.  It can also be anywhere in between.

I think people should think very carefully about what they really want out of life, and decide that before making any long-term commitments.  Obviously, if what one wants out of life is not compatible with marriage, then one ought not marry.  And, of course, if marrying a particular person is not compatible with what one wants out of life, one ought not marry that particular person.

To put this another way, if you are not suited for marriage, you ought not marry.  And you ought not marry someone who is not suited to be your spouse.

For the most part, I think that most people don't put enough thought into the decision beforehand, though there can be extraordinary circumstances that come up that destroy a marriage.  But I think, by far, the most common reason for divorce is that people did not think it through properly in advance.  All of the people who I know personally who have divorced did not, in my opinion, think it through properly before they married.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running versus walking? Jehanne 9 387 February 21, 2022 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 482 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Help keep the forum up and running. arewethereyet 3 603 December 31, 2020 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Can you filthy foreigners please invite your friends? Losty 43 2849 May 1, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hanging out at a friends house last night. Brian37 45 4564 November 26, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Cod
  Do you have friends who don’t share your political views? Losty 13 1740 November 19, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close? Rhondazvous 26 3413 January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Running Xmas jokes, what ya got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 729 December 27, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  hi i'm tori wanna be friends?! Shell B 45 4946 April 16, 2017 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Dumping friends over politics or religion J a c k 115 11099 February 2, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Thal