Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catastrophic Floods in South Carolina
Catastrophic Floods in South Carolina
Amazing video coming in of what the rain has wrought.  And the governor has asked for federal disaster relief which is understandable BUT.

I wonder if her memory is good enough to remember this little charade?

http://usuncut.com/politics/south-caroli...ing-on-it/

Quote:2 Years Before Flooding, South Carolina Republicans Opposed Sandy Relief

Quote:According to roll call votes for both the House and Senate versions of the Hurricane Sandy relief bill, almost all of South Carolina’s Republican delegation voted against providing funds to flood-stricken New Yorkers in the wake of the storm. Reps. Joe Wilson (the same Joe Wilson who shouted “You lie!” during Obama’s State of the Union address), Jeff Duncan, Trey Gowdy (a conservative pick for the speakership), and Mick Mulvaney all voted “nay” to Sandy relief.

In the Senate, Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott also voted against Sandy relief.

I imagine there will be no objection from the more enlightened members of congress in the north but I for one am a little tired of these southern fuckballs who are quick to put their hands out for themselves and slap one away if its for anyone else.

Might be nice payback, just once, to tell them to go fuck themselves.
RE: Catastrophic Floods in South Carolina
I agree with you Min. Politicians always seem to have ulterior motives that revolve around their own personal gain. Voting on federal relief for people that obviously need it is just dumb. There shouldn't be a vote. It's a disaster, it's our country, it's our people. Help them out.

The other issue is when there are earmarks put in to these bills that have no basis. Tell me what does $8 million to buy new cars for Homeland Security and $150 million for Alaska fisheries have to do with disaster relief on the east coast (but those were in the Sandy bill)
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Everyone but the politicians that voted against Sandy should get aid. Those politicians get to stick to their principles.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I don't mind irrelevant earmarks stuffed into bills so long as the politicians inserting them earn them. I don't think a pound of flesh for every million in unnecessary spending is too much to ask.

And just think how much more fun C-Span would be!
This clearly God's wrath. He's angry with Zimbabwe for not having their Christmas decorations up yet.
(October 5, 2015 at 3:13 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I don't mind irrelevant earmarks stuffed into bills so long as the politicians inserting them earn them. I don't think a pound of flesh for every million in unnecessary spending is too much to ask.

And just think how much more fun C-Span would be!

I'm not opposed to them in non-emergency bills.  That was my only point.  A planned piece of legislation containing earmarks is not a big deal and yes as long as they earn them but in a piece of federal emergency legislation, they have no place.  I understand why they are there, as political strategy.  Someone like Lindsey Graham might be hard against the earmarks included and on principle votes no on the bill so his name cannot be attached to supporting the earmarks.  But his name is now showing voting no on Sandy relief.  Either way, it can go against you and its a way to sneak in your pet projects to get easily approved.  Politics is a dirty game.
(October 5, 2015 at 3:02 pm)lkingpinl Wrote: I agree with you Min.  Politicians always seem to have ulterior motives that revolve around their own personal gain.  Voting on federal relief for people that obviously need it is just dumb.  There shouldn't be a vote.  It's a disaster, it's our country, it's our people.  Help them out.  

The other issue is when there are earmarks put in to these bills that have no basis.  Tell me what does $8 million to buy new cars for Homeland Security and $150 million for Alaska fisheries have to do with disaster relief on the east coast (but those were in the Sandy bill)

The price of getting a bill passed, king.  The whole fucking system stinks.
(October 5, 2015 at 3:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(October 5, 2015 at 3:02 pm)lkingpinl Wrote: I agree with you Min.  Politicians always seem to have ulterior motives that revolve around their own personal gain.  Voting on federal relief for people that obviously need it is just dumb.  There shouldn't be a vote.  It's a disaster, it's our country, it's our people.  Help them out.  

The other issue is when there are earmarks put in to these bills that have no basis.  Tell me what does $8 million to buy new cars for Homeland Security and $150 million for Alaska fisheries have to do with disaster relief on the east coast (but those were in the Sandy bill)

The price of getting a bill passed, king.  The whole fucking system stinks.

No I understand.  It's all a damn game.  Dirty and nasty.
GOP are lying assholes.
(October 5, 2015 at 3:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote: GOP Politicians are lying assholes.

Fixed it for you.  Brian, seriously though, politics in itself is all about lying, misleading, cheating and dirty tactics.  It's ugly on both sides.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 755 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 572 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  US more like apartheid South Africa than 1940s Germany? Clueless Morgan 25 1949 July 18, 2018 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  And If You Really Need To Find A Dumb Fuck, So. Carolina Is The Place To Look Minimalist 13 1258 April 7, 2018 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  North Carolina church enslaved imported worshipers Foxaèr 9 1806 July 24, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  South African vs. giant squid The Valkyrie 13 3144 June 21, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  North Carolina Republicans vote to cut funding from School Districts that voted Dem. Cecelia 9 2503 May 15, 2017 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Aroura
  North Carolina's "bathroom bill" c172 3 615 December 20, 2016 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Plane crash in South America Catholic_Lady 36 11032 November 30, 2016 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Wanna have the physics, North Carolina? Better respect trans people... Alex K 115 12447 September 18, 2016 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist