Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emotional unloading
Emotional unloading
Despite the understanding and acceptance that gay people are in the world, everyone still moves around as though everyone is straight.

For gay people such as myself, we exist in the world and we have no true means of figuring out if someone before us is gay. The gaydar is not a real thing.

The problem is that there exists this mindset that the individual before us is automatically straight.

How does a gay individual function when he wants to meet someone outside of the bar (gay bars are notoriously known for one night stands and long term non-platonic relationships cannot be found there).

How do I meet anyone in real life when every guy to whom I am attracted turns out to be straight? Where are all the gay men? Again, I return to the problem of seeing a man to whom I am attracted, unable to do anything except wonder or hope for a revelation.

I just want to find a great guy, but I cannot because this world is veritably against me finding him.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Emotional unloading
Well, you've still got some fight in you...that's saying something.
MCC ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 6, 2015 at 12:49 am)Kitan Wrote: Despite the understanding and acceptance that gay people are in the world, everyone still moves around as though everyone is straight.

For gay people such as myself, we exist in the world and we have no true means of figuring out if someone before us is gay.  The gaydar is not a real thing.

The problem is that there exists this mindset that the individual before us is automatically straight.

How does a gay individual function when he wants to meet someone outside of the bar (gay bars are notoriously known for one night stands and long term non-platonic relationships cannot be found there).

How do I meet anyone in real life when every guy to whom I am attracted turns out to be straight?  Where are all the gay men?  Again, I return to the problem of seeing a man to whom I am attracted, unable to do anything except wonder or hope for a revelation.  

I just want to find a great guy, but I cannot because this world is veritably against me finding him.

If I were gay, I'd live open. That way attractions can flourish.

Of course it comes with risks, but that comes with heterosexual territory too, in the form of the Angry Boyfriend.

Perhaps if you were more openly gay they could seek you out?

Sorry I'm shit for advice on this. As a woman hitting on women is super easy. You just do it playfully at first and if she isn't receptive you laugh it off.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
As a straight man, I've thought about this before. It must really suck to be gay because of the situation you just outlined. It's hard enough (no pun intended) for a straight guy where half the population is a potential partner. I can't imagine how hard it would be when you're limited to something like 1-2% and you can't even identify them. It makes the fundy assertion that homosexuality is a choice so laughable. Who would chose to put themselves in such a situation?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I'm straight and I have the same problem finding a woman who really wants to be with me who loves me for me.

I just think there's something about me that scares all the women off and I don't know why or what.

The world is a lonely place sometimes for some people.
(October 6, 2015 at 1:39 am)Evie Wrote: I'm straight and I have the same problem finding a woman who really wants to be with me who loves me for me.

I just think there's something about me that scares all the women off and I don't know why or what.

The world is a lonely place sometimes for some people.

You're a total shweetie pie! Fun and smart and just completely awesome.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 6, 2015 at 12:49 am)Kitan Wrote: Where are all the gay men?  

[Image: dcpkt-az6u-93werf1pt-g.png]
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Look for a man singing show tunes and carrying a cat. Ask him if he knows any gay men.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultra Draconian Emotional Life Systems Ahriman 11 930 May 25, 2022 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Poll: Are you more or less emotional when you're completely alone? Edwardo Piet 11 1549 December 12, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Unloading Catholic_Lady 55 4743 November 20, 2016 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Fireball