Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists interpret bible verses
Atheists interpret bible verses
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadth unto life, and few there be that find it.
RE: Atheists interpret bible verses
That's nice, dear...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Holy crap, that's funny. I'll see your fantasy literature, and raise you:

"Then Ilúvatar spoke, and he said: 'Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor; but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Ilúvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, that ye may see what ye have done. And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite. For he that attempteth this shall prove but mine instrument in the devising of things more wonderful, which he himself hath not imagined'."

- JRR Tolkien, The Silmarillion
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

McFadden Ford;

Where a Ford is affordable for you.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If there are few that find it, that's bad news for everyone isn't? Including most Christians.
"Spider-man, Spider-man - does whatever a spider can."

There. Check-mate, arachnophobes...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(October 7, 2015 at 11:46 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Holy crap, that's funny. I'll see your fantasy literature, and raise you:

"Then Ilúvatar spoke, and he said: 'Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor; but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Ilúvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, that ye may see what ye have done. And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite. For he that attempteth this shall prove but mine instrument in the devising of things more wonderful, which he himself hath not imagined'."

- JRR Tolkien, The Silmarillion

"Placing the ragged patches of skin down, Pinkie selected a large butcher knife and walked behind the blue pegasus. “Hope you don’t mind, I think I’m gonna wing it now,” Pinkie laughed. She grabbed Dash’s left wing in her mouth and played with it for a few seconds, yanking it back so the sharp pain reignited the fire in Dash’s flanks. Then, stretching the wing out, Pinkie brought the blade down hard at the base. Instantly, Dash screamed and thrashed her appendage. The movement threw off Pinkie’s aim. She tried to hit the mark again but missed, and carved a huge slice into Dash’s back. " - Sergeant Sprinkles, Cupcakes
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(October 7, 2015 at 11:05 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Also:

The One Correct Interpretation: Fat people go to hell.  Only skinny people with good balance and superb eyesight get into heaven. QED
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(October 7, 2015 at 11:05 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: [...] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Quote:Society invents a spurious convoluted logic tae absorb and change people whae's behaviour is outside its mainstream. Suppose that ah ken aw the pros and cons, know that ah'm gaunnae huv a short life, am ah sound mind, ectetera, ectetera, but still want tae use smack? They won't let ye dae it.

They won't let ye dae it, because it's seen as a sign ay thir ain failure. The fact that ye jist simply choose tae reject whut they huv tae offer. Choose us. Choose life. Choose mortgage payments; choose washing machines; choose cars; choose sitting oan a couch watching mind-numbing and spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fuckin junk food intae yir mooth. Choose rotting away, pishing and shiteing yersel in a home, a total fuckin embarrassment tae the selfish, fucked-up brats ye've produced. Choose life.

Well, ah choose no tae choose life. If the cunts cannae handle that, it's thair fuckin problem. As Harry Launder sais, ah jist intend tae keep right on to the end of the road...”
― Irvine Welsh, Trainspotting
(October 7, 2015 at 11:55 pm)Thena323 Wrote: If there are few that find it, that's bad news for everyone isn't? Including most Christians.

It's not that the gate is hard to enter, it's just narrow that's all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mike Litorus owns god without any verses no one 3 404 July 9, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2200 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Favorite Bible verses? FatAndFaithless 3 1185 July 17, 2014 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  What do Atheists believe the Bible as? TheCarlisle 138 68212 July 22, 2011 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  The atheists bible. downbeatplumb 18 5006 April 21, 2011 at 4:04 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Any ideas on how to get "wall art" bible verses taken down in a small office? ssorj 14 5292 January 20, 2011 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Dotard
  Evidence Verses Faith Daystar 32 18858 December 3, 2008 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet