Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why even think about atheism?
Why even think about atheism?
Seriously! This thread is really for you atheists out there. If you're unsure about you if you should be an atheist or not this thread is really just for you!

Atheism is like paganisms christianity. It's just that simple and redundant. If you even consider atheism in your life, I would like to ask you about that too. Why ever consider atheism as valued for yourself? If "atheism is disbelief in God", paganism is "satanic practice", ---christianity is the belief in God---this ammounts with saying that atheism is like paganisms christianity simply means atheism is not even a mainstream term, it is not a religious view but a negetive one, it should not be in the books, nor should it be taught in schools....

That much derogitoryness about atheism is recognized by me as a known fact already established. Why have atheism out there in the world anyway? To simply encourage disbelief in the positions held by the theists. There is nothing wrong therefore with the position of the theists, all religion is christianity, and the world goes on like a fart in the wind. Heart 

I made a previous thread that stated you must make a choice about what to believe or not to believe. This is also true! At some point in your life you run across God, and must choose something to believe about the feeling inspired in you. The only valuable belief is belief in God, although you can make the choice to disbelieve if you like--- that would be rather like accepting that you are a monkeys uncle though--- an "atheist": a purely rationless existant. A hypocritical evil.

I just don't get it, maybe someone can enlighten me, but why? Why even THINK to indulge atheism? What is it that makes you, and so many others, fall into the trap that, supposively by christians standards, makes you go to hell? Argue
RE: Why even think about atheism?
Um. Because I enjoy using my brain.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(October 14, 2015 at 7:50 am)JBrentonK Wrote: Seriously! This thread is really for you atheists out there. If you're unsure about you if you should be an atheist or not this thread is really just for you!

OH GOODY!

(October 14, 2015 at 7:50 am)JBrentonK Wrote: It's just that simple and redundant. If you even consider atheism in your life, I would like to ask you about that too. Why ever consider atheism as valued for yourself? If "atheism is disbelief in God", paganism is "satanic practice", ---christianity is the belief in God---this ammounts with saying that atheism is like paganisms christianity simply means atheism is not even a mainstream term, it is not a religious view but a negetive one, it should not be in the books, nor should it be taught in schools....

Agree with all of that. I've been an atheist my entire life and I don't even think about it at all until someone tries to make be stop being one, then the assessment of the claims comes in and, well, I'm still an atheist to date.

I don't define myself by my atheism at all, so yeah, I agree. Except the hell shit. You seem high, so pass the blunt man.

(October 14, 2015 at 7:50 am)JBrentonK Wrote: That much derogitoryness about atheism is recognized by me as a known fact already established. Why have atheism out there in the world anyway? To simply encourage disbelief in the positions held by the theists. There is nothing wrong therefore with the position of the theists, all religion is christianity, and the world goes on like a fart in the wind. Heart 

Gobbledygook.

(October 14, 2015 at 7:50 am)JBrentonK Wrote: I made a previous thread that stated you must make a choice about what to believe or not to believe. This is also true! At some point in your life you run across God, and must choose something to believe about the feeling inspired in you. The only valuable belief is belief in God, although you can make the choice to disbelieve if you like--- that would be rather like accepting that you are a monkeys uncle though--- an "atheist": a purely rationless existant. A hypocritical evil.

That's some of the biggest bollocks I've ever read.

U rdy to get ur trolling to 11?!?! MAX TROLLIN' D00D!

(October 14, 2015 at 7:50 am)JBrentonK Wrote: I just don't get it, maybe someone can enlighten me, but why? Why even THINK to indulge atheism? What is it that makes you, and so many others, fall into the trap that, supposively by christians standards, makes you go to hell? Argue

Because of butt sechs dude.

Assume the position. Hell is the last of your worries Shy Shy Shy Giraffe NSFW
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I don't engage generally in troll bait threads, but OP seems like he's game for a laugh so I'm going to indulge for a bit.

OP, you like rock crushers? Seriously, if not, y not? Y U NO LIKE CRUSHORZ?

Why not even not think about rock crushorz? To me not believing in not ruck crushoring is like, going to hell or something. It makes no sense to not believe in not rock crushors.

At some point in your life, j00r going to cum across some roch crushors and it will be all like "hey dude, why j00 no have rock crushor?"

And you will be like "I no way haz thoughts until now that rock crushor even exist". And it will be like "But rock cruhsor do exist. I haz the power to crush rox"

And you will be like "Now I believz"

You feel me, brah?

Editz: Teh Evidenze of cruzhor pow0r:

[Image: 1-120614095305393.jpg]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(October 14, 2015 at 7:50 am)JBrentonK Wrote: Seriously! This thread is really for you atheists out there. If you're unsure about you if you should be an atheist or not this thread is really just for you!

Atheism is like paganisms christianity. It's just that simple and redundant. If you even consider atheism in your life, I would like to ask you about that too. Why ever consider atheism as valued for yourself? If "atheism is disbelief in God", paganism is "satanic practice", ---christianity is the belief in God---this ammounts with saying that atheism is like paganisms christianity simply means atheism is not even a mainstream term, it is not a religious view but a negetive one, it should not be in the books, nor should it be taught in schools....

That much derogitoryness about atheism is recognized by me as a known fact already established. Why have atheism out there in the world anyway? To simply encourage disbelief in the positions held by the theists. There is nothing wrong therefore with the position of the theists, all religion is christianity, and the world goes on like a fart in the wind. Heart 

I made a previous thread that stated you must make a choice about what to believe or not to believe. This is also true! At some point in your life you run across God, and must choose something to believe about the feeling inspired in you. The only valuable belief is belief in God, although you can make the choice to disbelieve if you like--- that would be rather like accepting that you are a monkeys uncle though--- an "atheist": a purely rationless existant. A hypocritical evil.

I just don't get it, maybe someone can enlighten me, but why? Why even THINK to indulge atheism? What is it that makes you, and so many others, fall into the trap that, supposively by christians standards, makes you go to hell? Argue

Wow. Just wow. I'm a little surprised I made it all the way through that without having an aneurysm.

I was a Christian for over 20 years, and I abandoned it because I could no longer justify a belief in something that flies so flagrantly in the face of all the evidence in material reality. The Bible is, quite simply, false. There is no reason to believe any of the stories in it are anything better than myth peppered with historical fiction, and any position to the contrary is intellectually dishonest and completely indefensible.

I stopped believing in Santa Claus because I discovered convincing evidence that he is a fictional character portrayed by people's parents and men in costumes. I stopped believing in Gaud and Jeebus for much the same reason.

Belief or disbelief has never been a choice for me. I always had to go with what I thought the evidence said, and as it turns out I just wasn't thinking critically about the evidence for the religion I was raised with. Once I started to do that, I realized my beliefs were not justifiable, so I changed them like any intellectually honest person must do when confronted with compelling evidence.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
(October 14, 2015 at 7:50 am)JBrentonK Wrote: Why even THINK to indulge atheism?

I'm not THINKING to indulge atheism. I simply don't believe. That's all there is to it.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
One really good reason to think about atheism: "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed".
A tip of my fedora and a raised glass of Pabst to all my fellow thinkers.

OP, why the anger? Thou shalt not judge doesn't mean anything to you? It's something I, an atheist, actually like to employ when I'm able to.

What sect of Xianity are you in, just curious?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
What breed of animal are you, c17?
JBrentonK Wrote:Seriously! This thread is really for you atheists out there. If you're unsure about you if you should be an atheist or not this thread is really just for you!

So which is it? For every atheist or just the unsure ones? I'm not unsure at all and there's no "should" about it... atheism isn't a value to choose it is merely a result of my being wholly unconvinced by any notion of a god.

Quote:Atheism is like paganisms christianity.
Eh? Use apostrophes man.

Christianity doesn't exactly belong the paganism. Paganistic practices indeed predate Christianity and Christianity stole a lot of Pagan ideas, but more recently "pagan" is also a synonym for "heathen" or simply means "non-Christian".

Quote: It's just that simple and redundant.
How can atheism be redundant? It's the default position: you're not born believing in any god. And if you are a believer but begin to realize that there really is no evidence then it's theism that becomes consequentially redundant, not atheism.

Quote: If you even consider atheism in your life, I would like to ask you about that too.
No one "considers atheism" they may think about it and judge atheists and they may also lose their faith and become atheists when they realize there really is a total lack of evidence.

Quote: Why ever consider atheism as valued for yourself?
It's not a value, it's merely an absence of belief.

Quote:If "atheism is disbelief in God", paganism is "satanic practice", ---christianity is the belief in God---this ammounts with saying that atheism is like paganisms christianity simply means atheism is not even a mainstream term, it is not a religious view but a negetive one, it should not be in the books, nor should it be taught in schools....

"Atheism" comes from the ancient Greek term "Atheos" which means "without God". It may not be a mainstream term and the term "atheism" to mean "without belief in god(s)" I'm pretty sure predates the term "theism".

Regardless of whether it is a "mainstream term" or or otherwise, that doesn't matter. Your conclusion that it is a "negative one" is a nonsensical conclusion... it is only negative in the sense of "absence" not in the sense of "bad"... there's no point in equivocating, I'll spot it.

Atheism isn't taught in schools.... and the only reason it is necessary in some books is because religion and theism has such a negative impact on the world.

Quote:That much derogitoryness about atheism is recognized by me as a known fact already established.
If an idea is "unpopular" it has no bearing on its truth. Besides, a lot of people are idiots.

Quote: Why have atheism out there in the world anyway?
It's not something one chooses, it's a consequence of realizing that the idea that there are any gods out there is simply ridiculous.

Quote: To simply encourage disbelief in the positions held by the theists.
Atheism has nothing to do with trying to de-convert believers. Some atheists may do that, but some atheists may do any number of things (besides believing in any gods) just like theists.

Quote:There is nothing wrong therefore with the position of the theists, all religion is christianity, and the world goes on like a fart in the wind. Heart 

Lol weirdest metaphor for life I've heard in a while!

Theism is almost certainly an incorrect position because there are almost certainly no gods. It is wrong insofar as it is inaccurate. Theism itself is harmless especially if you're including merely deism. Many religions are harmful however.

"All religions are Christianity" is merely a completely false statement, and surely you know that? There are many religions in the world - duh.

Quote:I made a previous thread that stated you must make a choice about what to believe or not to believe.

...and you were simply wrong and myself and many others corrected you on that matter. The truth is neither belief nor disbelief works that way. You're either convinced or you're not. Simple as.

Quote: This is also true!
No it's not and if you comprehended the explanations why it isn't or understood how belief/disbelief works and what it is then you'd realize that.

Quote:At some point in your life you run across God, and must choose something to believe about the feeling inspired in you.

I was never "inspired" by the idea. I have always thought the idea was fucktarded and silly. In fact when I was younger I never thought any adults seriously believed that shit anyway - I thought the Bible was just a load of fables like Aesop's, only far inferior in terms of storytelling. The Biblical stories are absolute fucking shite. Aesop's are awesome however.

I never "run across" "God", there has never been any evidence of him and I didn't choose to disbelieve at all I merely wasn't convinced.

Quote:The only valuable belief is belief in God, although you can make the choice to disbelieve if you like--- that would be rather like accepting that you are a monkeys uncle though--- an "atheist": a purely rationless existant. A hypocritical evil.

Your conclusions come out of absolutely nowhere, they're a lot of absolute shite. Total fucking stinky garbage horseshit.

The only valuable belief is not belief in God and belief in God is completely valueless and at times can be damaging. I can make assertions too! Yay!

Once again: it's not a choice. The "monkey's uncle" analogy makes no sense whatsoever. It's a common example of a valid modus tollens argument used to express surprise. "if X then Y" and "Y" is an utterly ridiculous conclusion, and the point is since Y is truly false then X cannot be true provided that the premise "if X then Y" is also true.

What has that got to do with atheism? Seriously wtf?

Atheism is not without rationality, it's merely the absence of an irrational conclusion, i.e.: Theism.

Atheism is neither hypocritical nor evil, it is nothing but the absence of belief in any gods.

Quote:I just don't get it, maybe someone can enlighten me, but why?
Makes no sense. If you admit you may lack comprehension and you are open to being elucidated and understanding what atheism actually is, why do you then question the rationality of doing so afterwards? It sounds like part of you is quite happy to be in denial and continue to misunderstand atheism.

Quote: on the matter Why even THINK to indulge atheism?

As explained, not a choice.

Quote: What is it that makes you, and so many others, fall into the trap that, supposively by christians standards, makes you go to hell? Argue

I don't care about the notion that I will go to hell. There's basically zero chance I will and any possible tiny fragment of a chance applies equally to any theist because the biblical idea of a "god" that sends people to hell for not believing is merely one of countless conceivable - I'll send you to hell for "X" reason - gods that can be dreamed up.

P.S. Yes you're a Poe. It's obvious. I respond anyway for fun and to practice arguing against theism again whenever I feel like it. Also I do it to practice making points generally. I hope you respond in a mildly amusing way. So  far this OP has been nothing but fucktarded.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What the fuck even is my life Ahriman 30 1279 August 27, 2023 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  Even another all about you thread. Little lunch 17 797 September 13, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Seraphina
  I bet I don't even win the Mostedest Posts Posted Award Foxaèr 18 2098 April 9, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know" ErGingerbreadMandude 24 3859 January 25, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  What do men think? What do feminists think that men think? mcolafson 53 5835 September 30, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Even if you choose not to believe in Spiderman, you’re actually believing in him. AkiraTheViking 23 2773 May 31, 2016 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Even 69 is better than 96, but not as great as 100 Foxaèr 2 972 April 10, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Even atheists can be deulsional/ OP ED Brian37 35 3701 November 12, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why Do Even Atheists Love Lies So Muchh saneitizer 32 3920 May 6, 2015 at 7:20 am
Last Post: Jericho
  If religion is fairy tale and isn't something to be even taken seriously, then... purplepurpose 30 11019 May 2, 2013 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Esquilax