Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suppose I Did something Bad
Suppose I Did something Bad
Suppose I did something that you guys thought was really wrong of me. And suppose when you confronted me, I sought to justified myself by pointing out that some of your top members did the same or similar thing several years ago. What would you call that? What would you call me?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Suppose I Did something Bad
I take it we are not talking about picking up sticks on the Sabbath ..
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You know the saying; Good girls go to heaven....bad girls go every where.

I'm very open-minded.
(October 16, 2015 at 8:37 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I take it we are not talking about picking up sticks on the Sabbath ..

Is tentacle pron still on the table ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You would be committing the fallacy known as "tu quoque."  If other people did something wrong, that is irrelevant to whether or not you did something wrong.

Imagine that I murder your children.  And you have the nerve to complain about it!  And I point out the fact that other people have murdered people's children, too.  Are you going to accept that as a satisfactory justification for me murdering your children?

See:

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/tu-quoque/

Now, if what you did was murder some asshole who has been bothering us with shit posting, just don't tell us where you buried the bodies and keep your mouth shut, and we cannot rat you out.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Since you are not deluded, we WILL hold you accountable!
Maybe best not to tell!

You know by now we're all a bunch of righteous bastards standing on our soap boxes!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(October 16, 2015 at 8:36 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Suppose I did something that you guys thought was really wrong of me. And suppose when you confronted me, I sought to justified myself by pointing out that some of your top members did the same or similar thing several years ago. What would you call that?  What would you call me?

That's pretty vague; I really can't answer that, Rhonda.

I guess it depends what the thing was that you did, and why you did it???

Maybe I haven't been a member, long enough, either, to know what you're referring to
(October 16, 2015 at 8:36 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Suppose I did something that you guys thought was really wrong of me. And suppose when you confronted me, I sought to justified myself by pointing out that some of your top members did the same or similar thing several years ago. What would you call that?  What would you call me?

So how did we learn about what you did?  If we saw you do it that's one thing.  If no one saw you do it and you rat yourself out then you deserve to burn.  One of the main differences between Christians and muslims is that Christians like to confess.  It makes them feel good.  Muslims, otoh, prefer to keep their bad deeds secret because revealing them disrupts their community.  The Old Testament says to keep your mouth shut.
(October 16, 2015 at 9:31 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Since you are not deluded,  we WILL hold you accountable!
Maybe best not to tell!

You know by now we're all a bunch of righteous bastards standing on our soap boxes!

Speaking for righteous bastards everywhere...thank you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm intrigued. But also confuzzed >:c

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1662 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "Good" & "Bad" Christians? Fake Messiah 153 9864 August 27, 2019 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Bad News For Evangelicals Minimalist 62 6370 November 15, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Vatican Children's Hospital showcasing something besides excellence in child care vorlon13 14 3443 July 19, 2017 at 1:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5536 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  12 Unbelievably Bad Marketers in Jerusalem Firefighter01 65 8527 February 1, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Firefighter01
  Do You Need a Hug This Bad? chimp3 40 4390 July 13, 2016 at 5:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "unconditionally" kmthang 118 20547 January 6, 2016 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  So is crucifiction a bad or a good thing? Longhorn 75 22120 December 17, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Not a bad article. Minimalist 9 2361 November 28, 2015 at 3:13 am
Last Post: ignoramus