Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Need a Hug This Bad?
Do You Need a Hug This Bad?
So , Christian Charities send believers all around the world just to hug people. Isn't that special. A tax write off too.

https://missionfinder.org/organizations/.../hugteams/

I know people who have done this. Groups of churchgoers at $1000 a person or more flying to Uganda and Honduras. I blame this on those goofy songs that kids learn in Vacation Bible Schools. "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" and "This Little Light of Mine". Do Christians believe they are so special that it is worth the money and carbon footprint to fly half way around the globe to distribute hugs? The level of hubris stuns me.

Would not this money be better spent digging wells for clean water, opening schools and medical clinics, advocating for equality for women?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Do You Need a Hug This Bad?
I love hugs but I don't wanna catch Jesusyness.

Jesus cooties are bad, m'kay.
(July 11, 2016 at 7:00 am)chimp3 Wrote: So , Christian Charities send believers all around the world just to hug people. Isn't that special. A tax write off too.

I know people who have done this. Groups of churchgoers at $1000 a person or more flying to Uganda and Honduras. I blame this on those goofy songs that kids learn in Vacation Bible Schools. "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" and "This Little Light of Mine". Do Christians believe they are so special that it is worth the money and carbon footprint to fly half way around the globe to distribute hugs? The level of hubris stuns me.

Would not this money be better spent digging wells for clean water, opening schools and medical clinics, advocating for equality for women?

THAT'S what that cunt was about........ 

I was having a lovely meal with my wife and friends in Cambridge on Saturday night when my daughter went utterly spastic, so I took her outside to calm her down and to try and get her to sleep.

I was out there for a while and after 10 minutes or so a bearded bloke came down the street with mates, hugging everyone he saw.  I found it funny and thought it was a drunk dare.  I saw him looking at me, carrying an 11 week old girl and could see he felt a little awkward, but he STILL came over and asked if he could hug my daughter and I.

He got a short, sharp shrift....I felt a little bad afterwards, but i didn't want him waking her up, now I feel totally vindicated.
You may refer to me as "Oh High One."
Nah, you're alright. Keep your hugs.
(July 11, 2016 at 7:11 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote:
(July 11, 2016 at 7:00 am)chimp3 Wrote: So , Christian Charities send believers all around the world just to hug people. Isn't that special. A tax write off too.

THAT'S what that cunt was about........ 

I was having a lovely meal with my wife and friends in Cambridge on Saturday night when my daughter went utterly spastic, so I took her outside to calm her down and to try and get her to sleep.

I was out there for a while and after 10 minutes or so a bearded bloke came down the street with mates, hugging everyone he saw.  I found it funny and thought it was a drunk dare.  I saw him looking at me, carrying an 11 week old girl and could see he felt a little awkward, but he STILL came over and asked if he could hug my daughter and I.

He got a short, sharp shrift....I felt a little bad afterwards, but i didn't want him waking her up, now I feel totally vindicated.

Good! Christians feel especially privileged to tell people who they can have sex with and yet have no respect for personal bubbles. I don't see it but there is a preachers daughter joke in here somewhere.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Are they hugging only non christens? If yes then I suspect typhoid mary scenario. If you're not one of us, WE KILL YOU!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

It's part of a one two punch. The good cop bad cop game. People like Pat Robertson piss on us and the charities come along to tell us it's rain.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(July 11, 2016 at 7:13 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Nah, you're alright. Keep your hugs.
and do something anatomically improbable with them.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
Check this out folks.  Seems touching and hugging is essential to good health and human development.

http://drsircus.com/medicine/touch-hugs-...es-health/
Fuckers should be arrested for assault.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1664 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "Good" & "Bad" Christians? Fake Messiah 153 9891 August 27, 2019 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Bad News For Evangelicals Minimalist 62 6379 November 15, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5538 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  12 Unbelievably Bad Marketers in Jerusalem Firefighter01 65 8551 February 1, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Firefighter01
  In Case You Need A Reason To Despise Baptist Scum-suckers Minimalist 93 9192 July 1, 2016 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  So is crucifiction a bad or a good thing? Longhorn 75 22125 December 17, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Not a bad article. Minimalist 9 2362 November 28, 2015 at 3:13 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Suppose I Did something Bad Rhondazvous 45 7944 October 17, 2015 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Bad/Good Things That Happen Without the Aid of a Deity Nope 30 9742 June 11, 2015 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd