Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof for being an atheist
Proof for being an atheist
The title of this thread may sound weird, but that's my intention with this thread. I am going to ask you peeps that question. So without further ado, give me proof of your claim that you are an atheist, proof that you can believe in no God, proof that you are not just basing your opinion on dust, or dirt, or soot. Proof that you are an atheist too.... Because I don't believe that your "atheism" was not created by human eyes, human ears, human stupidity.... I believe, to the contrary, that your atheism was created around the 1900's, that it's a new upstart to the world of "fiction"; that you have never been more than a disbeliever.....

I believe that you do not believe in God, can not be contributive, cannot base your beliefs on your acts and can not act positively as a result. You cannot give to charity (or at least I wouldn't want you to), you cannot base your beliefs on the faith in your beliefs which beg for your positive contribution to the world. The world begs you for love. Heart  Give it or else!

I also believe that you are not an atheist, however, and this thread will prove weather I am right or wrong. Are you an atheist? Or are you just coming to that conclusion due to some sorting out of the theories? Well, the good news is, if I'm right, and there is no proof for atheism (and all of it's bad fundamentalisms), you can still be a valuable part of your beliefs. All you'd have to do is act them, and then again, that is all you'd be forced to do. To start being contributive. To start a conversation and contribute to it's positive gain, to converse with friends or neighbors and be an actual, productive citizen during the process....

So, are you an atheist, or do you just believe that you are?
RE: Proof for being an atheist
[Image: dAhuhERZ.jpeg]
Lalala Bla
Good grief, wasn't one thread of this idiot's insanity enough?
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
No idea. I think I need to employ the scientific method and determine whether I am an atheist or not.

First I need to define what is and is not an atheist. Then I need to figure out how to measure myself in terms of these qualities. Then I can look at the results and draw conclusions based on the evidence.

Atheist = Has no belief in any god
Not atheist = believes in a god or gods.

Can't see anything else relevant to that description.

How can I determine whether I believe in a god?

I could ask myself I suppose. But then I might be lying to myself. And how would I know? I suppose I could ask myself in front of the mirror and judge my body language. Or I could observe myself to see if I regularly go to church, pray, perform any ritual, show signs of discomfort from blaspheming, sin etc.

Or I could ask an impartial observer who knows me if I have ever done any of those things and that will save a lot of time.

Damn, I just remembered. I was cleaning my colander the other day marvelling how clean it was. I think I might follow the FSM.
(October 19, 2015 at 11:03 am)JBrentonK Wrote: [...]So, are you an atheist, or do you just believe that you are?

[Image: 053b50e784c7bfc634dfac7f574adb06.jpg]
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(October 19, 2015 at 11:05 am)JesusHChrist Wrote: [Image: dAhuhERZ.jpeg]

Yes.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
So, am I the only one who thinks this guy is using some weird, arcane other definition for, like, every term he's using here? Undecided
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I prefer 80 proof, but other atheists may disagree.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

It's just an assembly of the usual apologist crap, using weird wording. Been there, done that. And as everything apoologist, it misses the mark by a lightyear, since it argues from a non existing position.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Thankfully God is not a non existing proposition.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Being can come from non-being Alex K 55 6987 January 15, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13127 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 1956 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  What was it like being an atheist? Something completely different 81 17495 April 10, 2013 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: fr0d0