Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Old Devil Called God.
That Old Devil Called God.
2 bits of nonsense from this week's press:-

Nonsense 1, what is it about jail that helps convicted criminals " find god "? Latest one is ex-armed robber Mathew Martinson who, after serving his sentence has now " qualified " as a priest ( who needs priests? it's more plumbers we need! ) .
Said new priest claims " God said to me you have a choice to accept or reject me". He continues " to look back where I've come from to where I am now, is to see God's grace at work".

Nonsense 2, hundreds of Brazilian evangelists are heading to South Africa for the footbal World Cup competition to " convert, preach and bolster their churches' flocks ( sic ) on the continent. They will be focussing on fans from North Korea ( they regard them as godless ) since they prayed for that country to qualify for the competition AND that it would be in the same group as Brazil. They " glorified God for the opportunity to announce to the Korean fans the message of Jesus ".
Unfortunately, God has come up a little short because the North Korean regime will ensure that only a very few selected of its population will make the trip!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: That Old Devil Called God.
Quote:what is it about jail that helps convicted criminals " find god "?

Becoming a preacher allows them to steal from idiots without the risk of going back to jail.
Plus it looks good for parole boards.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Quote:Nonsense 1, what is it about jail that helps convicted criminals " find god "? Latest one is ex-armed robber Mathew Martinson who, after serving his sentence has now " qualified " as a priest ( who needs priests? it's more plumbers we need! ) .
Said new priest claims " God said to me you have a choice to accept or reject me". He continues " to look back where I've come from to where I am now, is to see God's grace at work".
Well, the same thing about jail that leads other convicted criminals to doing drugs. It is an extremely stressful situation, and people will do anything to lighten the stress. Oddly enough, I remember reading in a book (American Fascists, I think it was), that there seems to be a common thread among converts to Evangelical Christianity: many of them had lived unsavory lives and this is their way of escaping that.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Devil just needs a character rewrite Nachos_of_Nurgle 16 1529 February 16, 2022 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Someone I know believes in the Devil but not in Hell Der/die AtheistIn 36 2329 March 9, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8488 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Devil downbeatplumb 64 9385 November 29, 2016 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil. Jehanne 103 13875 July 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9293 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Why can't I see the devil? KUSA 43 5717 April 1, 2016 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Immorality of God - Slavery in the Old Testament athrock 307 35935 January 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Rcc thinks Charlie Hebdo is the devil GUBU 76 15682 January 12, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Richard Dawkins and the God of the Old Testament Randy Carson 69 16800 October 8, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: orangedude