Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rcc thinks Charlie Hebdo is the devil
Rcc thinks Charlie Hebdo is the devil
From osservatore romano, in response to Charlie Hebdo 1st anniversary cover:
Quote:Behind the deceptive flag of an uncompromising secularism, the French weekly once again forgets what religious leaders of every faith have been urging for ages - to reject violence in the name of religion and that using God to justify hatred is a genuine blasphemy," it wrote in a short commentary.

"Charlie Hebdo's move shows the sad paradox of a world which is increasingly sensitive about being politically correct to the point of being ridiculous ... but does not want to recognise or respect believers' faith in God, regardless of their religion.

Quote taken from here.

Seems the rcc still thinks it exists in 1450, and hasn't gotten the fact that religion no longer has the undeserved free pass it used to have.

Find it disgraceful yet unsuprising that the rcc would rather condone terrorism than fair comment.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
RE: Rcc thinks Charlie Hebdo is the devil
That's why I have never been fooled by that organization's pandering to liberals and free speech. They don't mean it, they are fine with blasphemy of everyone else but them, no different than any other religion.
No surprise there.

An organisation that is making a "saint" of a vile woman who revelled in the suffering and poverty of the poor while making millions from supporters, that has claimed, time and again, that birth control helps to spread aids, thereby inflicting untold suffering on people who didn't know better, and has had a campaign in place for decades to protect priests who abuse children, has absolutely no credibility.
Dying to live, living to die.
Jesus fucking Christ, you've got "God" on your team. Surely you don't need to whine about stuff to get your way. He wouldn't allow all this mockery if he didn't like it, right?

No, people don't have to respect anyone's beliefs. To say otherwise is to try and remove free thought and free speech.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Impotent, apoplectic bluster against an imagined critic. The final refuge of an irrelevent authority who is defeated and knows it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hmm, more oral diarrhea from the Vatican. Imagine that.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The Vatican can go fuck themselves.
Crai moar.

This voice of nonviolence from christians must have never been very loud, because historically the Abrahamic religions have always been violent. If you ask most people what the least violent spiritual philosophies in history have been, you're more likely to hear buddhism than christianity.

Wars and mass killings all across Europe. And even when some protestants start a new country in America, we get mass killing of native Americans, and things like the Salem witch trials. The main reason christianity has settled down over the past few centuries is because of secularism.

In order to respect supernatural beliefs, you first have to prove that your beliefs have some constructive purpose in society. Yet there's no good any religious person has done that a nonreligious person can't. All you have is empty promises of an afterlife you can't prove exists.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Well, the only thing surprising me is that anyone is surprised.

That's the beauty of Charlie Hebdo. They step on anyone's toes. Religious, secular, they're indiscriminate. As it should be.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Devil just needs a character rewrite Nachos_of_Nurgle 16 1502 February 16, 2022 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Here's What Happened to the RCC.... ronedee 41 3955 October 31, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Someone I know believes in the Devil but not in Hell Der/die AtheistIn 36 2270 March 9, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Go Texas, Houston and the RCC Investigation Fireball 2 345 November 29, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8381 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Devil downbeatplumb 64 9293 November 29, 2016 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  What god thinks of christian missionaries..... The Grand Nudger 54 6596 November 7, 2016 at 11:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Irish RCC Seminary has "Gay Culture" Fidel_Castronaut 0 1158 August 3, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil. Jehanne 103 13759 July 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9061 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus