Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians of Color
Christians of Color
So after the purity wedding thread I started wondering why on earth PoC cling to religion that so deeply opresses/Ed them?
RE: Christians of Color
https://youtu.be/K4hrvWkzlAc
(October 23, 2015 at 8:18 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So after the purity wedding thread I started wondering why on earth PoC cling to religion that so deeply opresses/Ed them?

Same reasons everyone else does....Just 'cause.
You need to suck up to the majority if you wanna avoid the discrimination and other associated abuses.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Considering there is a positive between religion and racism in here in the US no to mention that christianity in that particular community its handed down with a deep deep tradition that older generations just do not like the idea of the current and future generations moving away from their deeply held beliefs yet at the same time they really shouldn't be holding onto this said religion to begin with christianity is so fucking bad and wrong yet people call it good and it is not.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I always find it interesting to see people saying "people of color" that type of language will get you in trouble around here. It's weird how different terms are acceptable/unacceptable in different places.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
It's not just African Americans. How about indigenous people in the Caribbean and Pacific islands who's ancestors suffered unspeakable atrocities at the hands of European conquistadors? They're die-hard Catholics now - the religion of the monsters that occupied the homes of their ancestors.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(October 23, 2015 at 9:07 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: It's not just African Americans. How about indigenous people in the Caribbean and Pacific islands who's ancestors suffered unspeakable atrocities at the hands of European conquistadors? They're die-hard Catholics now - the religion of the monsters that occupied the homes of their ancestors.
I meant it to be inclusive of all us brown people
Stockholm syndrome.
(October 23, 2015 at 9:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Stockholm syndrome.

That's a mental disorder but it's nowhere close to the symptoms of these folks
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7810 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  He can see color!! Puh-raise Juh-heezus!!!! drfuzzy 15 2459 May 24, 2016 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31250 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51173 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15807 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Arrogance from a Bishop? Color me shocked. Bob Kelso 5 1575 November 15, 2013 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9946 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris