Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
He can see color!! Puh-raise Juh-heezus!!!!
He can see color!! Puh-raise Juh-heezus!!!!
Oh, I'm so tempted to respond to a friend's Facebook post right now.  Her son (25 years old) has always been profoundly color-blind.  She always told him it was God's will for him that he was color-blind.  
He just got his first pair of EnChroma glasses.   http://enchroma.com/   She posted a video on Facebook about his reactions to color - flowers, paintings, his brother's red T-shirt, the green grass, even peanut butter.  It's a cute video.  But the comments are all about how GOOD God is, and what a great miracle this is, and how the boy has been HEALED!!!

I am so tempted to comment with "take those things OFF!  It's God's will you're colorblind, how DARE you go against the will of GOD!  He will punish you!"  I haven't.  Really.  (sigh)  I haven't posted anything.  I suppose I'll just put a "congrats" or "great video" or something, before she notices that I haven't commented and gets snarky first.    Undecided

I know how a conversation would go:  I'd ask about all that "God's will" stuff, and she would say that it's now "God's will to heal her boy".  If I point out that it's not a healing, and the glasses were created by a huge team of researchers, she would just say that God guided their research.  I don't know why people who believe this way don't see how this is disingenuous . . . God's will is whatever they say it is, in their desperate attempt to attribute something - anything - everything - to an imaginary friend who doesn't exist.  

[Image: 452201320edbcfe097ecc1e75d9d2939.jpg]
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: He can see color!! Puh-raise Juh-heezus!!!!
Fuck her.  Go ahead and tell her.  Sounds like a moron anyway.
Well, I would have waited to see what her response was when those glasses created by man, not god, allowed her son to see color properly.

If she had thanked god, then I would have given it to her.

If she thanked the doctors, I'd let it slide.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
So, God let this young man be colour blind for 25 years, until technology caught up with him. If God is so wonderful, why make the boy colour blind in the first place?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
So he can properly appreciate colour when he sees it!
It's all about suffering first! Christians aren't allowed to be content and at peace. That is the devil's work.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
god must love science now. So how old is the earth again? Evolution is gods new buddy?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I don't know what to say either when friends and family pull this kind of stuff. "Grats on getting your tonsils out...but you really need to thank the people who were disciplined and hard-working enough to make it through medical school, not some object of magical thinking."

I don't know how anyone could benefit from anything as obviously non-magic as EnChroma glasses and conclude, "The Great Magic Man loves me! Through a serious of complicated and bizarre actions performed through intermediaries, he solved a problem that he himself was in fact responsible for!"
A Gemma is forever.
I am quite fascinated by linguistics, which I believe translates over to forum postings, not that text crap I honestly blame for younger people no longer being capable of putting together a coherent sentence, and I am somewhat picking up on a familiarity with your post, Gemini.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Never thank the scientists or the medics.

Thank Jebus!
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 24, 2016 at 8:20 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: I am quite fascinated by linguistics, which I believe translates over to forum postings, not that text crap I honestly blame for younger people no longer being capable of putting together a coherent sentence, and I am somewhat picking up on a familiarity with your post, Gemini.

Oh me too, I love linguistics. I took a course on it in college and wish I'd studied it more. Devoured all Stephen Pinker's books on language, and I especially loved his explanation of combinatorial systems.
A Gemma is forever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What value do you see in studying theology in concerns to Christianity? EgoDeath 40 3823 September 8, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3913 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2583 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How do atheists see Jesus' parables? drfuzzy 92 14377 November 3, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 18234 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why can't I see the devil? KUSA 43 5709 April 1, 2016 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Christians of Color BrokenQuill92 66 11862 October 29, 2015 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Taste and see... daver49 19 3977 March 21, 2015 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: daver49
  Why should people not see this film? Aractus 47 9996 February 18, 2015 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  I See Things Nope 17 2867 December 10, 2014 at 3:20 am
Last Post: robvalue