Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missionary Activity?
Missionary Activity?
Greetings all! It is an honor and a privilege to have me, a Christian Angel  be allowed to be in some sort of fellowship with people who reject God.

Anyway, back to my main point. What are atheists view of Missionary activity?

By that I mean Christians of faith braving hardships just to express love and fellowship with the less fortunate of the world.

Of all the missionary expereinces I have heard about that my pastor told me, it is such a positive experinece. The Ugandands he ministers to are so grateful to him and the trinkets of western bounty he gives them freely (Starburts, pens, sticky notes, etc.)

Its hard not to think missionaries spread such joy and love to the darkest corners of the world they frequent. Yet in spite of these good deeds atheists seem not to like missionaries only because they have Jesus in their lives.

Do atheists do mission work? Would one brave the darkest jungles and deserts to help anyone?

Some help please.
RE: Missionary Activity?
The damage that you assholes have done in Uganda by inciting violence against homosexuals there is on par with war crimes.

To go and offer "help" for people who are destitute and hinge it on tricking them into forsaking their cultural heritage and adopting yours is disgusting. Add on to that that your ideas of "love" is spreading hatred against people who don't share your particular views.

You can't get away with that shit over here, so you go to a place that is just naive enough not to realize the damage that you are doing.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
People can help just fine without an agenda of smuggling in their religious preaching. The help part is good, the preaching is not.

Yes, atheists do plenty of things to help.

Going to vulnerable countries and teaching them contraception is evil is causing horrific damage.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
But what about the love and fellowship that Ugandands get from Missionary activity?

Christianity helps instill good moral values. What is the big deal about the anti-gay agenda?

We are just discouraging sin. Homosexuals can choose to desist in their behavior, but for some crazy,kooky reason, so many contintue to defy their God thinking they'll get away with it.

I think Athesits just hate the fact that people are on fire for the lord, and have him in their heart.
Quote:What are atheists view of Missionary activity?

They are assholes.
Sin is an imaginary concept of no relevance to reality. You can be a good person without needing a bunch of arbitrary rules from a non-demonstrated fascist dictator.

There's a quite a lot of missionary activity in area 69, I hear.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I prefer doggy-style activity myself, but that's just personal preference.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(October 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: But what about the love and fellowship that Ugandands get from Missionary activity?

Christianity helps instill good moral values. What is the big deal about the anti-gay agenda?
Lolz... I... um... ... I have a feeling you're not going to fit in very well here.
Quote:We are just discouraging sin. Homosexuals can choose to desist in their behavior, but for some crazy,kooky reason, so many contintue to defy their God thinking they'll get away with it.
Well, the good news is that there is no god and your pathetic human ideals are laughable. So... yay! ^__^
Quote:I think Athesits just hate the fact that people are on fire for the lord, and have him in their heart.

You're very wrong on this point. We wish more people with the lord in their heart would light themselves on fire.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Look at homosexuality, and contrast it with the man/woman marriage

A man/woman relationship is about love and commitment. The sex they engage in is not selfish and leads to the potential creation of children.

Homosexuality is all about lust, and is a form of sexual addiction. No life is possible from homosexual unions, and they suffer from all kinds of AIDS and sexual diseases. Have you seen the depravity that goes on in bahthouses? It makes Babylon look like Jerusalem in comparison!

Who do they think they are sticking their tallywackers up their lovers' poop pipe?

I am grateful Uganda allows Christianity to grow and spread and actually hold people accountable for offending god!..
I'm'a start callin' you Edgar Alan
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We need more theistic activity Foxaèr 103 22975 May 7, 2018 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  What Would You Do If Missionary Tactics Failed? WinterHold 12 2557 October 9, 2017 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Whateverist