Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas shit ALREADY?!
Christmas shit ALREADY?!
For the past few weeks, I've been seeing it slowly ooze into store displays. When I was a kid (which was only the 90's!) Christmas shit didn't seem to appear until right before Thanksgiving. Now it's out in fucking August. WTF?
[Image: 08.jpg]
RE: Christmas shit ALREADY?!
You are seeing it now? It's been weeks since the stores have started prepping for christmas.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Yup.

I've encountered people who start counting down to Christmas just after new years...

It's getting earlier and earlier. As are Easter eggs...
Dying to live, living to die.
[Cranky old man voice]:  I remember when Christmas didn't start until November 1st, the way Jesus intended.
They're milking it as hard as they can before the tits dry up, is all.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
November 1, Crossless?  December 1!!!  
I agree with the OP  -- before Thanksgiving is just WRONG.  Before Halloween . . . we need 
Angry Mob
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I saw christmas stuff in a store a couple of weeks ago. It's always annoyed me that christmas is overshadowing fall festivals. Bad enough it overshadows thanksgiving, but halloween too? I want to see scarecrows and pumpkins. Not snowmen and reindeer. Is it any wonder some people believe you should take your xmas decoration down on the 26th of December?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The christmas stuff usually starts creeping in around September time here in the UK. Even in my lifetime, it's gotten worse Tongue
(Not that I mind, I still facking love christmas)
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(October 29, 2015 at 4:48 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: [Cranky old man voice]:  I remember when Christmas didn't start until November 1st, the way Jesus intended.

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Now get off my lawn, you cranky old fuck. Big Grin
The fuckers need to put the $ in xma$.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1361 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  He's A Crook. We Know That Already Minimalist 3 352 October 29, 2018 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fucking Catholic Sacks of Shit Minimalist 0 439 October 28, 2018 at 9:39 pm
  The Lying Sack of Shit Keeps Lying Minimalist 16 1228 October 28, 2018 at 8:41 pm
  No Shit, Sherlock! Minimalist 0 373 August 3, 2018 at 11:51 am
  That's What You Get For Being Spineless Sacks of Shit Minimalist 5 663 June 20, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Franklin Graham Loses His Shit After Wisconsin Defeat Minimalist 9 1597 April 6, 2018 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: rskovride
  Trump Jr. & Eric have new business selling shit from China Fake Messiah 1 560 March 21, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Oh, Surprise, Surprise. The WLB Is Full Of Shit Minimalist 2 839 February 13, 2018 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Sauasage in a Manger & Muslims in Christmas Advert possibletarian 13 1179 November 15, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: possibletarian