Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian marriage in 2015
Christian marriage in 2015
After reading Cecelia's "religious rules that bother you the most", godzilla's "Christians and reproduction" and jenny1972's Christian fundamentalists plot against the Constitution" among other threads, I found more current articles about Christian marriage values.  

These are popular websites . . . even among moderate, liberal, mega-church going American xtians today.  

The Biblical Gender roles website has a large following.  Here is a very recent article about the Christian way for a husband to discipline his wife.  This is not satire, folks, they are absolutely serious.    7 ways to discipline your wife

An article that has, thankfully, seen SOME backlash is by the same guy, Larry Solomon, on the same website.  He argues FOR marital rape.
(I'm posting a critical reaction piece instead of the original, because I like the points it makes.)  In America, marital rape was made illegal in 1993.  
wives have no right to say no

-- I just thought that I would post these as more examples of why religion is sick.  The American extremist evangelicals are dangerous - and they are politically active.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: Christian marriage in 2015
Funny, reading this is like listening to Muslim fundamentalists.

Who the Christian right-wing hate, and the faux-liberal left love. Irony.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Since there are no marriages in the golden cube this won't be a problem.
What the hell man?

Geez. What an absolute prick. Using an ancient book to justify having an unequal relationship where he calls all the shots is pathetic. I hope no women with any self respect would marry anyone with this mindset.

Sadly, the bible does support this kind of crap. Which is why the oral myths that it is anything to do with god's word are harmful.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
If Christians believed in biblical marriage then the guys would marry their dead brother's wife.
Holy crap!!! I'm famous! lol
Barf.

I hope his wife divorces him asap. What a fucking sociopath.
According to the bible - there's no such thing as marital rape, since the woman doesn't have the right to say "no"; and there are great many christians, who ascribe to that view. After all, if god wanted women to decide on any aspect of their sexual lives - he'd have created them physically stronger and bigger than men. Might makes right, since we are obviously supposed to live by standards of morality of primitive tribal goat-herders, which they in turn inherited from the cave-men.

This is why I'm a misanthrope.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Satire
(November 1, 2015 at 7:27 am)Hmmm? Wrote: Satire

Um, no - - not for most of these websites and groups.  They are absolutely serious.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republicans are redefining marriage Foxaèr 5 638 August 26, 2020 at 10:02 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87849 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3906 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Interracial Marriage and the Bible strawdawg 163 31558 March 3, 2016 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Pope decries gay marriage and advances Christian persecution complex Aroura 28 3817 February 22, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Gaypocalypse[Bringing back Traditional Marriage] Heat 17 5760 October 20, 2015 at 10:38 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Rapture October 7th, 2015 JesusHChrist 171 27247 October 19, 2015 at 6:13 am
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  Rapture September 2015 TubbyTubby 706 120096 October 1, 2015 at 6:58 am
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  Belief in The Devil in 2015 Iroscato 71 15575 April 16, 2015 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Antichrist Alert!!!! Coming Sept 2015!!!!! JesusHChrist 28 7481 March 5, 2015 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand