Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belief in The Devil in 2015
Belief in The Devil in 2015
So we know there are still a large number of people in the world who believe in God and the influence he exerts on the universe, but how many still believe in Satan being the overseer of evil? He seems to be mentioned far less than God in discussions that I've seen, and I've barely seen his name come up even in discussions about Hell.
So, theists, I address this mainly to you. What is your stance on Satan? That you believe in him is almost certainly a given, but how big a role do you think he plays? Do you think he responsible for evil and has a direct hand in controlling evil acts, for example?
How many of you believe he possesses people directly?
And perhaps more interestingly, what do you make of him as a being in and of itself? What do you think are his reasons, his motivations, what makes him tick? Aside from him being Evil Incarnate, of course, I mean what do you think he does day to day, kind of thing. Try to not rely on what the bible says, and muse upon the subject yourselves.
Oh yes. I want you to pick the Devil's brain! *Insert evil cackling here*.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
RE: Belief in The Devil in 2015
No takers yet? It's been over 12 hours :/
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Not surprising really. If you want answers from theists, I suggest going on to a theist forum.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Satan is a big problem for theists...seeing as how they all think their stupid god created him.

It tends to keep them quiet on the subject.
Alright, I will step up (why not I have no credibility here anyway).

You have a few different sources of information on Satan, primarily the bible, his followers and those who have left Satanism.

His initially stupidity was he was going to overtake God and set himself up as the highest authority.

This did not go too well for him. He had never seen the Justice side of God and made the grandest blunder, from which there was no return.

Lucifer sucked-in a third of the angels to follow him, so there is a hierarchy of evil -
Like an army that is ruled by force from those stronger above them.
 Each one hating the one above and wanting to be him, but can't.

His expulsion from Heaven apparently created his immense hatred for Man, who would ultimately be over him and all other angels.
He is called the father of lies because he lied to the first people and has been lying to us ever since.

His day to day operation is like an army continually at war with us, with generals (principalities and powers in high places), lower angels, and finally, demons of varying degrees of ability.
Instigating conflicts, especially wars, abortion, murders, terrorism by his current pet dogs (it formerly was the Vatican, but that venue was overtaken).
 Any thing that results in the killing off of those made in God's image is his goal.

His greatest delight is to subvert those with the most light- Christians.
So his UFO demons only rail against Christ and those who follow Him.
 All other religions are left alone.

Satan is getting more bold these days as he knows the last sands are running out for him, thus, we see, in Hollywood, and especially on the recent super bowls, overt Satanic symbolism by those who believed his lies ( Madonna and those like her comes to mind) that they will rule and reign with him later.
  He gives them goodies for as long as they work for him.
  He hates these as much as the rest of us, but like good goats- they are useful for a season and he knows they are going to end up with him in the end anyway.
Quote: (why not I have no credibility here anyway).

You finally got something right.
(April 10, 2015 at 12:56 pm)professor Wrote: Alright, I will step up (why not I have no credibility here anyway).

You have a few different sources of information on Satan, primarily the bible, his followers and those who have left Satanism.

His initially stupidity was he was going to overtake God and set himself up as the highest authority.

This did not go too well for him. He had never seen the Justice side of God and made the grandest blunder, from which there was no return.

Funny that someone who was apparently gods right hand man was so wrong.(in this silly story)

Quote:Lucifer sucked-in a third of the angels to follow him, so there is a hierarchy of evil -

Yeah that's right a third of the creatures that had inimate knowledge of "god" decided to rebel against him.
Can't be that great a being after all eh.

Quote:His expulsion from Heaven apparently created his immense hatred for Man, who would ultimately be over him and all other angels.
He is called the father of lies because he lied to the first people and has been lying to us ever since.

Based on.....

Quote:His day to day operation is like an army continually at war with us, with generals (principalities and powers in high places), lower angels, and finally, demons of varying degrees of ability.
Instigating conflicts, especially wars, abortion, murders, terrorism by his current pet dogs (it was the Vatican, but that venue was overtaken).
 Any thing that results in the killing off of those made in God's image is his goal.

Really abortion comes before murder and terrorism on your list of evils when in itself it is not evil.

Quote:His greatest delight is to subvert those with the most light- Christians.
So his UFO demons only rail against Christ and those who follow Him.
 All other religions are left alone.

What it is to laugh.

Quote:Satan is getting more bold these days as he knows the last sands are running out for him, thus, we see, in Hollywood, and especially on the recent super bowls, overt Satanic symbolism by those who believed his lies ( Madonna and those like her comes to mind) that they will rule and reign with him later.
  He gives them goodies for as long as they work for him.
  He hates these as much as the rest of us, but like good goats- they are useful for a season and he knows they are going to end up with him in the end anyway.

Do you have any sanity left at all?[/quote]

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 10, 2015 at 12:56 pm)professor Wrote: So his UFO demons only rail against Christ and those who follow Him.

UFO demons?

Imagine that anal probe!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
So only christians see UFO demons? Everyone else sees regular UFOs? Seriously prof, you should write a book, it would give psychologists a lot to think about.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
professor - That would be a fun plot* for a horror film, but you really are insane if you believe it.

*Ignoring the obvious plot holes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1281 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Devil just needs a character rewrite Nachos_of_Nurgle 16 1502 February 16, 2022 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Why not dismiss the trinitarian belief outright R00tKiT 80 6923 August 13, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Belief Catharsis 57 4177 March 24, 2019 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Someone I know believes in the Devil but not in Hell Der/die AtheistIn 36 2269 March 9, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8380 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Devil downbeatplumb 64 9293 November 29, 2016 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  Is there another motivation for christian belief? brewer 118 16913 September 23, 2016 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  My view of theism - theism analogous to belief in extra terrestrials joseph_ 4 1229 August 30, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Jarrey
  9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil. Jehanne 103 13756 July 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: account_inactive