Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi guys
Hi guys
Big Grin ... my usual greeting in my videos.
Thank you for activating me manually. I was stuck somehow between "activated" and "guest" for some reason and couldn't do anything about it.

During my childhood I had already developed some degree of scepticism and quickly abandoned fairies, ghosts, rabbits and Santa. When it came to thinking about gods I found the idea more funny than compelling and since I had already laughed in church when my parents initially took me as a child, I didn't even have to abandon anything.

A few years ago I went for a job interview in the Middle East and was told that I was an atheist. Somehow I never considered me to be anything other than a human being and now I was told I had to identify myself as something I am not. Odd.

Investigating and subsequently analysing Islam in a Muslim majority country gave me some unique insights, especially when the hotel I was in in Kabul was attacked by the Taliban. I didn't understand why at the time, which is why I went deeper and deeper into texts and materials regarding Islam.

That's when I ended up on YouTube as my research led me to apologists, which made me research Christianity, Judaism and Hinduism as well, as they all made similar claims.

So, there I am. By now an enthusiastic Pastafarian may spaghetti bolognese live forever FSM Grin I have several YouTube channels, each dedicated to a facet of Islam, I'm a Dawah Response Team contributor, host the Jinn&Tonic Show and have a blog where I present additional info. I am not really part of any on-line community, especially not atheists because I see a human with a personality - and not their beliefs - as a more important feature.

As topics pop up I will voice my opinion on CEMB or in a forum, but I'm not a great "chatter" in hangouts or Skype just for the sake of chatting, but I enjoy feedback and constructive criticism - even if I don;t necessarily follow the advice Undecided 

Feel free to ask me about views or about Islam in general - if it's not personal information. I still need to keep a low profile as Muslims don't take kindly to criticism and my visa would be instantaneously cancelled if they found out who I am on the net.

See you whenever....
RE: Hi guys
Sup d00d. Welcome
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Welcome!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome!

Jinn&Tonic -- hilarious!
Welcome to the forum Smile

They told you that you were an atheist... in a job interview? How did that come up?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 6, 2015 at 4:57 pm)StopS Wrote: See you whenever....

Actually that's "whatever.." but welcome anyway.
Welcome matey.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 6, 2015 at 5:40 pm)robvalue Wrote: They told you that you were an atheist... in a job interview? How did that come up?

In Abu Dhabi beliefs and gods are part of everyday life Sad

The guy probably knew I qualified, but was interested in the "not-professional" aspects.
Although the CEO of a huge company, he took me aside one day to tell me about scientific miracles in the Koran - which got me interested. The rest is history.

Almost all Muslims love talking about Islam. It's a way-of-life and they constantly require self-confirmation in society.

Religion is considered by the common as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful. -- Lucius Seneca
That is weird. Did you get the job?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Hi guys Ronnie 14 1561 January 29, 2021 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hi guys docreek 23 4107 December 13, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hi guys Gestas 17 2474 January 30, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey guys cactus 14 1943 September 29, 2016 at 8:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  Hey guys. Name is Tara Tarasoft11 53 5052 September 5, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: c172
  Hey guys and girls. AdamJa 27 2921 July 9, 2016 at 12:22 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  I fooled all of you guys. bambi_swag 59 6801 October 9, 2015 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Hey Guys. ironicprogrammer 20 2684 September 18, 2015 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: MTL
Rainbow Hey Guys....Recently de-converted Newbie here.... Afro-Queen 29 4079 November 14, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Heyyyy You Guys! FatAndFaithless 17 2689 June 17, 2014 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire