Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi guys
Hi guys
I am Reek from India

I am a doctor training to be a neurologist

I am an atheist

My hobbies are gymming,guitar playing,reading science books,painting

My weaknesses are low self esteem and pessimissm and I suffer from clinical depression.So I do get into existential crises death related thoughts and ideas multiple times.

I have researched religions spirituality paranormal stuff and at first i believed them but later in college i started to come across richard dawkins james randi stephen hawkins bill nye etc and started demolishing my previous beliefs and became an atheist

Please help me overcome my weaknesses and help me be a strong mature and sensible atheist.I need your support and inspiration.

Thanks
RE: Hi guys
Hi, hello, welcome home!!! docreek
nice to meet you Smile
I hope you'll feel very good here... as me
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
(December 9, 2017 at 7:18 pm)docreek Wrote: I am Reek from India

I am an atheist

My weaknesses are low self esteem and pessimissm and I suffer from clinical depression.So I do get into existential crises death related thoughts and ideas multiple times.

I have researched religions spirituality paranormal stuff and at first i believed them but later in college i started to come across richard dawkins james randi stephen hawkins bill nye etc and started demolishing my previous beliefs and became an atheist

Please help me overcome my weaknesses and help me be a strong mature and sensible atheist.I need your support and inspiration.

Thanks

Be sure to barbecue cow, record your local cricket match without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress.  Big Grin
Hello.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

I am an atheist

Thanks

How can we do that here online? What you need is a professional (face to face) to help you out with your feelings and experiences. Someone who has a specialty in dealing with existential crises and such.
Welcome to AF
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Hi and welcome, Reek. Smile
Stick around here and hopefully you'll find your niche.
Good luck in your training. Smile

-Teresa

I am an atheist

Thanks

Welcome aboard Doc! I suffered from low self esteem for many years. I think that perhaps going back to try and find out what first caused that, might be a good place to start. Anyway, I hope you can find some answers here and some new friends as well!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

I am an atheist

Thanks

Welcome doc. Just a few questions.
Where did you gain your degree to practice medicine, and what language did you use in your thesis/dissertation. What publications are you reading on the subject of neurology and what language are they in?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(December 9, 2017 at 10:12 pm)Succubus Wrote:

I am an atheist

Thanks

Welcome doc. Just a few questions.
Where did you gain your degree to practice medicine, and what language did you use in your thesis/dissertation. What publications are you reading on the subject of neurology and what language are they in?

Yeah I have studied medicine in India.The language used to teach here is English btw.I am giving examinations for my MRCP degree and working in a pediatric hospital.I dont understand why you are after my language stuff.If you are casually asking its ok....if u think u r going to make fun of me or insult my culture....i am not going to be easy with u

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Hi guys Ronnie 14 1571 January 29, 2021 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hi guys Gestas 17 2478 January 30, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey guys cactus 14 1945 September 29, 2016 at 8:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  Hey guys. Name is Tara Tarasoft11 53 5054 September 5, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: c172
  Hey guys and girls. AdamJa 27 2929 July 9, 2016 at 12:22 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Hi guys StopS 19 2398 November 10, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I fooled all of you guys. bambi_swag 59 6852 October 9, 2015 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Hey Guys. ironicprogrammer 20 2690 September 18, 2015 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: MTL
Rainbow Hey Guys....Recently de-converted Newbie here.... Afro-Queen 29 4084 November 14, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Heyyyy You Guys! FatAndFaithless 17 2697 June 17, 2014 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire