Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natal XBOX 360
Natal XBOX 360
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/?WT.srch=1

Cannot wait. I think it's going to be awesome. But so far all the posts I've read about Project Natal have been bad ones. Maybe I like it because I'm the crowd Microsoft is targeting. But if that's so it's a small crowd. D:

I personally think it'll be the bees knees. But what do you guys think?
I can see it failing in a game that requires a lot of movement. Maybe they can make a floor mat that moves in all directions so you can move and have the character move on screen?

Perhaps the headset technology really is the future? Where a gaming device can read the signals in your brain and follow accordingly? I bet it's possible. But then again, what do I know? :]

You thoughts?
Saerules Wrote:The air, tis wonderful!

Saerules Wrote:No, don't even ask what I just laughed at. I will not tell you what I just laughed at! You may think I'm going to tell you what I just laughed at, but I'm not!
xD
RE: Natal XBOX 360
I think that our technology is not at the level where we can 'adequately' put ourselves 'into' games in the manner which Project Natal appears to intend. Sleepy It depends on how well it is implemented... it will either be a wii-level joke, or something actually worth using in games (though to what extent is up for questioning). Frankly, I'm a joystick woman, and movement controls: DO NOT WANT. Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Depends how well its done and how well its supported.
a well designed wii game that uses the motion well can be great.
but they are so very few.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The trouble is a lot of people already own a Wii and if it doesn't offer a significantly different experience, I can't see that many people buying it. Having said that (and I own a Wii), if it looks good I will probably get one.
I own a Wii and love Wii resort and Wii sports. The fencing on there (more like Kendo) is very fun. Bowling, Boxing, Tennis, and Golf are significantly different on the Wii than any other console because of the motion controls. One example of really bad usage of the motion controls would be "Red Steel" a truly horrible game.
(June 10, 2010 at 1:36 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: One example of really bad usage of the motion controls would be "Red Steel" a truly horrible game.

Agreed, it felt more like clobbering a caveman with a club than sword fighting and what was up with not being able to stab? Wink
Darkwolf,

No doubt! Or the fact that you would mow through about a hundred dudes and there would be that one guy standing there, right in the open, that you couldn't shoot at all; oh yay, fail swordfight time! There was a lot more wrong with that game than just the controls. Now there is a Red Steel 2! Does it make me a bad person to want to give them another chance? The idea is epic! Swordfighting and shooting a gun from first person! They had a pirate playing the game in the commercial, now if they could make a couple more with ninjas and robots I would TOTALLY buy the game! /sarcasm

I do want to try it though...
Rhizo
Yeah I wouldn't mind trying it, I don't know why it's called Red Steel 2 though, it looks like it has nothing to do with the original game!
(June 10, 2010 at 3:58 am)KawaiiKoneko Wrote: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/?WT.srch=1

Cannot wait. I think it's going to be awesome. But so far all the posts I've read about Project Natal have been bad ones. Maybe I like it because I'm the crowd Microsoft is targeting. But if that's so it's a small crowd. D:

I personally think it'll be the bees knees. But what do you guys think?

Looks interesting, and I hope it does well. Looks like we're getting closer and closer to true "virtual reality" Smile
[Image: 555406272_QZs5b-L-2.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One > Switch (Docked) > 360 > Switch (Handheld) > Wii U Mechaghostman2 0 461 March 13, 2020 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Xbox v/s PS Foxaèr 13 1205 August 6, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  I have one free Battlefield 1 digital download code for Xbox one Jackalope 10 1903 September 24, 2017 at 4:56 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Share your Xbox GTag Soldat Du Christ 0 441 October 16, 2016 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Soldat Du Christ
  The Ultimate Fight: PS v/s Xbox Foxaèr 31 2638 September 29, 2016 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: RozKek
  XBox One Live account? Exian 3 1085 July 1, 2015 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Easy Guns
  [PC PS xbox] Marsellus Wallace 24 3767 March 5, 2014 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: null--69
  Xbox one Darth 14 3111 January 18, 2014 at 2:15 am
Last Post: null--69
  XBox One sucks TaraJo 48 17383 June 26, 2013 at 1:27 pm