Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Comebacks
Favorite Comebacks
This is a place where you state the favorite comebacks you have found or created to things Theists say. 
I guess I will start this off. 

Theist says: You will lose this war!!! or Why are you trying to start a war?
Atheist says: I am not trying to start a war, no, I am American. What is the American way of saying you are starting a Religious war? Ah yes, I have it. It is to Keep the Peace. So, I will Keep the Peace.
RE: Favorite Comebacks
Generally, my catch-all is, "No thanks, I'm not a believer."

More than once, I've used 'Fine.  You pray for me, and I'll think for both of us.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I will not participate in your delusion.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
None, since noone ever came at me in the first place.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
A common issue is saying I have no morals because I'm not a christian. I say your god loses the moral high ground when he says slavery, rape, and genocide are ok within certain limitations, but consensual sex between adults is an abomination if the adults are both men.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 9, 2015 at 4:44 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I say your god loses the moral high ground when he says slavery, rape, and genocide are ok within certain limitations, but consensual sex between adults is an abomination if the adults are both men.

God doesn't say anything. The - for lack of a better word - writings say all of this. But that's humans masturbating to their vile instincts. Kind of the ancient version of a snuff video.
Is god's plan perfect?

If so, why do you keep praying for him to change it?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 9, 2015 at 4:50 pm)robvalue Wrote: Is god's plan perfect?

If so, why do you keep praying for him to change it?

Related to this. ^

Does everything happen according to 'God's' plan?

Then he is responsible for the suffering and horrible deaths of millions of children every year.

Not to mention, he knew I was going to be an atheist, yet he created me knowing all along that I would be sent to hell for not being convinced that he exits.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(November 9, 2015 at 4:56 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Not to mention, he knew I was going to be an atheist, yet he created me knowing all along that I would be sent to hell for not being convinced that he exits.

Would you want to play a Sim game with everyone acting the same? Where's the fun in that?

But I'm jumping a train I wanted to miss. There we go again, bickering over god. That's why theists always keep saying, we're angry at god, since we're talking about him as if he was real. God is only the masturbation of his followers.