Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judge orders child removed from Lesbian couple's care
Judge orders child removed from Lesbian couple's care
UT judge ordered a foster child be removed from the lesbian foster parents care. They are licensed foster parents in the state. The judge says he has references to back up his position/ruling the children are better off in heterosexual homes.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3165669-155/c...sex-couple
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Judge orders child removed from Lesbian couple's care
The fight still goes on to treat homosexuals fairly. Unfortunately I'm not sure how long it will take before people get over this, because some people still haven't gotten over the fact that non white people should have the same rights and priviledges as white people.

This issue of caring for children is likely about to get more heated since gay marriage is legal now.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

This is SO effed up. DCFS and the bio mother want this couple to raise the baby. How has it gotten to the point where church/state separation is no longer a thing, and a judge can use a debunked study (one that only includes two effing gay couples) in order to rip a family apart? How is this judge still on the bench, even?

I do have to say that I'm happily surprised by the comment section on the article, though. I didn't come across one person supporting the judge's decision, and we're talking about Utah. I see that as a small amount of progress, at least.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Well considering he didn't even provide evidence for this "research" it shouldn't have happened.

Meanwhile, I hope that little girl has a happy childhood parentless in an adoption home. Nice fucking move asshole.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

It was a slow creep over time, I'm sure. A little change here, and a little change there, until this country is so close to a theocracy that people don't know that you're not supposed to pass laws dictated by the bible, and that the founders were trying to make a christian theocracy.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

God damn it. This is such bollocks!

Even if there was any truth to the claim that homosexual couples are worse parents (and I don't believe it for a second), it's fucking irrelevant when you have the actual people in front of you to assess.

Profiling.

Obviously he's a fuck face bigot and he's trying to twist the facts to justify his sordid agenda. People so ignorant should be the judge of nothing.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
This judge need's to be removed. Time to step up Utah!

Utah judges may be removed in one of two ways:
  • The judicial conduct commission may reprimand, censure, suspend, retire, or remove a judge. The commission's decisions are subject to review by the supreme court.
  • Judges may be impeached by a two-thirds vote of the house of representatives and convicted by a two-thirds vote of the senate. 
http://www.judicialselection.us/judicial....cfm?state
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Do they have any legal recourse to demand a non bigoted judge, to demand that he provides his evidence, or to sue him?
Dying to live, living to die.
They bloody well should have! I really hope so.

What if the judge announced people with black hair are worse parents, and took a kid away citing some garbage a loony had written?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
This should be and will be overturned quite quickly, I think. From a legal standpoint, a judge saying "couples in class A are better for children than couples in class B; therefore, *any* couple in class A is better than *this* couple in class B" is, in addition to being idiotic, a deprivation of due process rights, because the couple was judged by the class they belonged to rather than their particular circumstances, which I am quite sure is against Utah law. It's also almost word for word the definition of prejudice.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIV drug mandate violates religious freedom, judge rules zebo-the-fat 6 1012 September 9, 2022 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Divinity
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 5897 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Vegan couple banned from owning pets Foxaèr 11 1010 May 9, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Big Lee Removed from US Capital Brian37 6 819 December 21, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Netflix and "Cuties" = child pron? Foxaèr 37 4334 November 30, 2020 at 5:01 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Turkey's Erdogan orders the conversion of Hagia Sophia back into a mosque AniKoferBo 91 2777 July 15, 2020 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Woman Threatens Hispanic Couple BrianSoddingBoru4 20 958 July 3, 2020 at 2:22 am
Last Post: no one
  Statue of Lee to be removed from Va capital. Brian37 161 8583 June 16, 2020 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Health care people and first responders - let us know how you are. arewethereyet 22 1902 April 26, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Pitbulls maul Detroit child to death. onlinebiker 39 3956 August 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4