Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good old-fashoin racism from Apple
Video 
Good old-fashoin racism from Apple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CHftBRuSr8

A group of 6 African schoolboys was denied entry into an Apple store in Melbourne on Tuesday (5 of them pictured below):

[Image: xhuxqP5.jpg]
Photo: Rachel Wells, Fairfax

"Do you know what's happening right now? These guys are just a bit worried about your presence in our store, and they think they're just worried you might steal something." An Apple employee tells the boys.

Their response is "WOAH, why would we steal something?"

The employee then tells them "end of discussion, I need to ask you to leave our store".

Quote:"The six Year 10 students involved in the incident say they were shocked by their treatment.

"'I've been coming to Highpoint for a long time and I never thought something like this would happen ... of course I was offended,' Mabior Ater told Fairfax Media on Wednesday.

"Mabior says it is not the first time he has experienced racism but 'this is the first time it has been this big.'
"On Wednesday afternoon, Maribyrnong College principal Nick Scott accompanied the six boys involved in the incident to the Apple store at Highpoint where they sought an apology.

"At about 3.30pm a senior manager from the store met with the teenagers.

"'She apologised to us and told us that we are welcome here anytime,' Mabior said. 'It feels like we have justice now.'"

Source: Fairfax

As far as I'm concerned Apple can fuck off back to their own backwards-thinking country.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Good old-fashoin racism from Apple
I would need the footage to extend to before that conversation to form any conclusions.
This tells me nothing about their positioning, body language and behavior prior to the disagreement.
Otherwise I'm making assumptions based on not wanting to appear racist.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
What do you call it when you use the behavior of a single employee to tar an entire company, much less a "backwards-thinking" country? Thinking
I wouldn't judge a company based on the actions of a single employee.
Dying to live, living to die.
There's already a lot I hate about Apple. And these views are not the Australian way.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
If I ran a shop, and someone turned away possible customers without having a REALLY good reson for it, I'd fire them.

Though it's hard to say exactly what spooked the security guy. Were they just loitering around? What happened? I don't know.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Another case of white people clutching their pearls at some black people. Where's the news?

It's sad, they don't even look threatening, it's just 5 boys in school uniform. A white person could probably walk in there with their hood up and not get stopped, but black kids walk in and get stopped whatever they're wearing.

Tbh though apart from me owning an ipod nano I got on discount and using itunes, I don't understand the Apple hype. These hipsters love flashing their iphones around as though they think it makes us jealous. *clap clap* well done mate, you just spent £500 on a phone that does everything my £100 phone does, short of a few exclusive apps. Well done.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

I don't understand the Apple hype either, especially when there are very good arguments for saying android is a better system. I mean abdriod is faster to incorporate new technology and is a far more open ecosystem and is much more open source. Not to mention an android phone now is just as easy to use and a top of the line android phone with better hardware is like half the cost.
I personally think apple now is just a status symbol, that says you have money.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(November 12, 2015 at 6:45 pm)Chad32 Wrote: If I ran a shop, and someone turned away possible customers without having a REALLY good reson for it, I'd fire them.

Exactly. Simply claiming to have a policy that doesn't exist in procedures and practises is completely disingenuous on the behalf of Apple.

And as for "what spooked them" - nothing since they were denied entry to the store.

(November 12, 2015 at 6:42 pm)Beccs Wrote: I wouldn't judge a company based on the actions of a single employee.

What if its the CEO?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US people - is the confederate flag a symbol of racism? Duty 14 773 January 15, 2021 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
Question Is it always racism? brokenreflector 71 3564 June 4, 2020 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Good Cop/Bad Cop? Nope. All Good. BrianSoddingBoru4 43 3904 February 25, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Bland racism.... Brian37 0 225 January 26, 2019 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Racism is still strong down here Losty 15 1311 September 16, 2018 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Yeah....But A Little Racism Always Helps Minimalist 4 611 September 9, 2018 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  TCJA: Apple repatriating cash and pumping it into US economy John V 36 4248 January 19, 2018 at 9:13 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Wanna see racism and anti gay bigotry combined? abaris 33 3117 November 4, 2016 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Delta racism? brewer 5 689 October 14, 2016 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Apple faces €13bn Tax Bill in Ireland Fidel_Castronaut 12 3879 August 31, 2016 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon