Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A devout Muslim speaks, and I agree with every word
A devout Muslim speaks, and I agree with every word
While I agree that it is very important to remember that "not all Muslims are like this" when the atrocities happen, I've also always thought that it's something the good Muslims should acknowledge and address. This Muslim man put it perfectly:

Quote:"I want to thank well-meaning non-Muslims who, in the wake of these attacks, have emphasised that they have been carried out by a small, twisted minority. A terrorist's goal is to sow hatred and discord, and by not giving in, you are defeating their plans.

But I want to say that as a Muslim, I wish that we weren't so quick to emphasise that this has nothing to do with us. While I personally have never killed anyone and none of my friends and family have ever resorted to violence, radicalism has everything to do with Islam. And the failure to address that out of a well-intentioned commitment to tolerance is making the problem worse.

ISIS is a Muslim organisation, and it is an Islamic problem. Let me say it again to be perfectly clear. ISIS is a Muslim organisation, and they are a cancer at the heart of Islam. And the problem will not go away until Muslims confront that.

ISIS attackers scream 'Allah hu'akbar' during their attacks.
ISIS recruits cite Qur'anic verses as justification for the rape and enslavement of women.
ISIS soldiers kill archaeologists, gay men and women, and people who refuse to convert to Islam because they are blasphemers.

There are no Christians in ISIS. There are no Buddhists, Jews, Pagans, Taoists, Houngans, Catholics, Wiccans, Hindus or even Scientologists in ISIS. ISIS is a Muslim organisation and they kill in the name of Islam.

So don't say that ISIS aren't 'true Muslims' or that they are 'not really Muslims'. Like any large organisation, ISIS exists in a spectrum. You have the aimless, restless teenager who never amounted to anything in his life and traveled to Syria because he can't find a job and doesn't know if the Qur'an is to be read from left to right or right to left. But you also have pious professionals, businessmen, and academics who read their Qur'an cover to cover, pray every day, were seduced into radicalism, and truly believe that the Islamic State's goal of conquest is a noble one. The so-called 'Caliph' Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi has a doctorate in Islamic studies.

So if you feel that Muslims are being oppressed or killed in Muslim countries, I expect you to also be just as outraged by ISIS. Because they have killed more Muslims in Iraq, Syria and Jordan than the entire US army. They have done more damage to the name and reputation of Islam than any Western nation. ISIS is Islam's biggest enemy, not the US, not Israel or France or Germany or the Russians.

We have to own the problem. We have to admit that this is a religious problem, and we need to renew our commitment to a secular country which treats all religions equally. I have believed in the importance of secularism all my life, and with every day that passes that belief grows stronger. Religion is no way to govern a nation. Not any religion, and not any nation.

ISIS is not America's problem, nor the British, nor the French. ISIS is not Syria or Iraq's problem. ISIS is a problem for Muslims. And if you can't admit that, you're not really a good Muslim either."

- Sulaiman Daud
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: A devout Muslim speaks, and I agree with every word
I wonder if that really is a Muslim who wrote that but whether he is or not, he is right. These sub-humans are massively sullying the image of all Muslims so it definitely is their problem. They all have a duty to speak out against jihadists loud and clear. If they did, organizations like ISIS might have fewer safe havens and more difficulty recruiting.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
According to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulaiman_Daud

he's been dead for 5 years.
What baffles me is why the whole middle east isn't tackling the problem as a unified initiative.
Do some middle eastern countries benefit from this chaos?

Why is it the west doing all the bombing? Technology? Purpose? Gain?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 16, 2015 at 7:31 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: I wonder if that really is a Muslim who wrote that but whether he is or not, he is right. These sub-humans are massively sullying the image of all Muslims so it definitely is their problem. They all have a duty to speak out against jihadists loud and clear. If they did, organizations like ISIS might have fewer safe havens and more difficulty recruiting.

Yes, unless it's a fake facebook profile, it was a real Muslim.

https://www.facebook.com/sulaiman.daud.503?fref=nf
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 16, 2015 at 7:47 pm)ignoramus Wrote: What baffles me is why the whole middle east isn't tackling the problem as a unified initiative.

The fact that they aren't tempers my sympathy for them being lumped in with the terrorists.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(November 16, 2015 at 7:47 pm)ignoramus Wrote: What baffles me is why the whole middle east isn't tackling the problem as a unified initiative.

A few months ago, Bill Maher dealt with this issue with retired col. Lawrence Wilkerson.  He asked a good question, Wilkerson ( former chief of staff to Colin Powell and a republican ) agreed with him and then asked a pretty good question of his own.

But, if you notice, he failed to address Maher's original question of why are arab armies so useless?  And the answer is that their purpose is to protect the regime at home not to go off somewhere and leave the political elites unguarded.

One wonders if any arab army could project power two blocks over their own borders?
(November 16, 2015 at 7:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: According to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulaiman_Daud

he's been dead for 5 years.

No wonder he wasn't afraid to say this, he's already dead.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
He might've done a Copernicus! Speak his mind on his deathbed with nothing to lose.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

At this point i don't think they care they are getting our money since we buy their oil.
The point can be made they are lazy when it comes to dealing with their home  grown extremists.
To end this problem indefinitely is to simply find out who is brainwashing theses people and simply stop them.
You end the problem by cutting off the head. That being said islam is certainly not a peaceful religion neither is christianity
neither is judaism. But when you have people that teach these kinds of things and create extremists of course people
are going to do fucked up shit. I am not a fan of religion we would be better off as of now without it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any word from Zilla Sama? Foxaèr 17 1371 May 5, 2021 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  [Serious] Singing the N-word Foxaèr 98 5482 November 14, 2019 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Your one word identity Foxaèr 52 6292 September 6, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Being mistaken for Muslim Alexmahone 23 3707 January 15, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  For All You Word Lovers: You Gotta Adore This One: Copacetic Rhondazvous 17 2221 December 20, 2017 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Type your favorite english word ErGingerbreadMandude 52 4930 December 17, 2017 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Comical word filter disasters. Gawdzilla Sama 1 649 November 26, 2017 at 9:22 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  How do you pronounce this word? Foxaèr 26 3488 October 15, 2017 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2466 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Dumbest Thing Some Has Every Said To You Amarok 54 9103 August 28, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus