Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is our role
What is our role
Guys, express your views!

What is our contribution to the World,

1) Is it to say that God is no longer existing,  OR

2) Develop "Humanity" principles which guides people to live peacefully on the earth

Enjoy sharing your thinking.
RE: What is our role
Our role as atheists is to waste large portions of our time pointing out endless amounts of evidence as to the fact theres no such thing as magic to people who have invested a significant part of their world view in magic existing.
Anything beyond that is an extension of you rather than an extension of atheism.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
"Humanity principles" is really just our laws which are a parallel with our morals.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 17, 2015 at 4:28 am)Humanitybest Wrote: Guys, express your views!

2) Develop "Humanity" principles which guides people to live peacefully on the earth

Why have a role in the first place?

I consider atheism the norm, religion the abnormal.
Heck, there are even atheists that don't have a good understanding of science but they still have common sense to question claims. That or their parents were atheists.
(November 17, 2015 at 4:32 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: Our role as atheists is to waste large portions of our time pointing out endless amounts of evidence as to the fact theres no such thing as magic to people who have invested a significant part of their world view in magic existing.
Anything beyond that is an extension of you rather than an extension of atheism.

Lol, I have nothing to add
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Atheists are too diverse to have any kind of role other than just being atheists.

But for those of us who are sceptics, I think the number one thing we have in common is promoting critical thinking. Even if we're not actively encouraging it, we are leading by example.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Atheism has no set doctrine, so our role is whatever we want it to be. Though it's nice to have some groups call religious people out on their bullshit. Someone's got to stand in their way as they corrode the first secular nation into a christian theocracy. Though that has less to do with atheism, and more to do with minorities speaking up just so they don't get ignored and beaten down.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

To be the sane backbone in the first world that tells people they are wrong because evidence.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Looking for a social club and a belief system? Not quite irreligious of you, friend

1) God never existed, only the fantasy delusion.
2) We all (for the most part) develop those principles, even the deluded.

Your contribution is what ever you want it to be.

[Edit] Welcome! Sorry it was not my first thought.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our Role(s) as Atheists on an Atheist Forum. ignoramus 28 3790 May 12, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Role Reversal Napoléon 12 2661 October 29, 2011 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Napoléon