Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your favorite news sources?
What are your favorite news sources?
I follow BBC, Bernie Sanders campaign facebook, NPR, TED talks, on facebook. I think those are the ones I look at the most. Do you have some favorite news sources? I'd love to learn what all the best sources are, so I can be as informed as possible.
RE: What are your favorite news sources?
I've been listening to a lot of Secular Talk. That's the only one I listen to regularly. I should probably listen to more John Steward, though I heard he retired from the Daily Show.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 24, 2015 at 9:28 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I've been listening to a lot of Secular Talk. That's the only one I listen to regularly. I should probably listen to more John Steward, though I heard he retired from the Daily Show.

Oh yeah, if we're talking atheist news sources, I fucking adore darkmatter2525 (not really a news source, but still). I like sargon of akkad a lot. I admit, I also love watching the amazing atheist's videos. I follow cult of dusty, jacolyn glenn, and the cringeworthy mr repzion, but they're not as important. Although cult of dusty can be kinda cool sometimes.
The BBC, the NY Times, The Daily Show.
NY times costs money Ranting
I love the fair and balanced perspective that fox news offers. They're in depth and intellectual analysis is so intriguing!
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
The two news sites I frequent are the Huffington Post and CNN. Either one can be on the fringes sometimes, but anything that's in their intersection is usually pretty reliable.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
I like NPR, CBC Radio 1 and Radio NZ. On TV/web I like local over national.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does your news network lean? Foxaèr 6 859 March 6, 2023 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4045 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Most (and least) trustworthy news sources. CapnAwesome 39 5067 August 9, 2018 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 530 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1587 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37