Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attack at Planned Parenthood Clinic
Attack at Planned Parenthood Clinic
It is not yet known if this shooting at Planned Parenthood was motivated by anti abortion sentiments, or if it was just a random attack. It resulted in the death of 3 people, 1 of them a cop. Being against abortion myself I just want to reiterate that pro life does not end after birth. The point of being pro life is to believe that ALL life is sacred. What this man did was heinous, and if he is anti abortion, hypocritical on top of that. Robert Lewis Dear, you are not on my side.

Condolences to the families.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...do-springs
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Attack at Planned Parenthood Clinic
I have read several news articles about this that have a headline that indicates that this man attacked an "abortion clinic".
This is the sort of sensationalist, inciting journalism that has to freaking STOP already.

It was not an abortion clinic, it is a HEALTH clinic. The man attacked people for getting pap smears.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Quote:The point of being pro life is to believe that ALL life is sacred.

You're a nice lady, C/L but you are out of touch with the fanatics in the "pro-lfe" movement.

Quote:Pro-life, these people aren't pro-life, they're killing doctors, what kind of pro-life is that? What, they'll do everything they can do save a fetus, but if it grows up to be a doctor they just might have to kill it?

George Carlin
(November 28, 2015 at 11:37 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: The point of being pro life is to believe that ALL life is sacred.

But you know very well that you can turn everything into violence. Point is, if this was a pro lifer, he could just as well find a justification for his actions as you can find for being a peaceful person. The writing itself is ambiguous in every holy book. Probably because different generations with different agendas added to them.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 28, 2015 at 11:50 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The point of being pro life is to believe that ALL life is sacred.

You're a nice lady, C/L but you are out of touch with the fanatics in the "pro-lfe" movement.

Methinks you are in the minority, C_L.

"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yep, S/C.  Just miserable scumbags for the most part.
I think some people believe planned parenthood is just another term for abortion clinic. Like intelligent design is another term for creationism. That's why they bomb these places, and complain about money going towards abortions, despite the fact that abortion is a small part of what some planned parenthood facilities do, and that part isn't tax funded.

And they wonder why some people have a problem with religion in this country.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Quote:Like intelligent design is another term for creationism.

ID IS just another term for creationism.  That was proven, with their own poorly-doctored records, at the Dover trial.
Religious terrorism.

I wonder how many Christians will understand this for what it is?

(November 28, 2015 at 1:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Like intelligent design is another term for creationism.

ID IS just another term for creationism.  That was proven, with their own poorly-doctored records, at the Dover trial.

Yes, I know. That's what I was getting at. they think Planned Parenthood is just another word for Abortion Clinic.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Attack on Russian Concert Hall Ravenshire 11 493 March 27, 2024 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Terror attack at UK hospital downbeatplumb 6 488 November 15, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3432 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  IS attack on Kabul Uni Foxaèr 4 480 November 3, 2020 at 8:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 414 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’ EgoDeath 148 8476 October 3, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Yellow Vest protests masked by a terrorist attack WinterHold 7 1365 December 14, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Terror attack in Melbourne this arvo. ignoramus 19 1531 November 10, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: no one
  Potential Vehicle Attack In Toronto Amarok 24 2088 July 13, 2018 at 12:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Today The Temporary Monument To The Toronto Van Attack Was Taken Down Amarok 1 437 June 4, 2018 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Cecelia