Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Vehicle Attack In Toronto
Potential Vehicle Attack In Toronto
Toronto Police are on high alert due to a threat of  vehicle attack  around the CN Tower and Canada's Wonderland .Police have dispatched heavy vehicles as well  response teams and police are patrolling intersection around the threatened area's .

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/t...ed-threat/
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: Potential Vehicle Attack In Toronto
Vehicular attacks are becoming the new norm. Sad.
(July 12, 2018 at 5:19 pm)Kit Wrote: Vehicular attacks are becoming the new norm.  Sad.
Yup  in Ottawa every mass public venue now has road blocks
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(July 12, 2018 at 5:19 pm)Kit Wrote: Vehicular attacks are becoming the new norm. Sad.

Guns rights advocates will use it as an excuse. "See, they'll use anything! They're sick!" As if the amount of vehicular killings could ever come close to the amount easily killed by firearms. Such a non sequitur.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(July 12, 2018 at 6:43 pm)Aegon Wrote:
(July 12, 2018 at 5:19 pm)Kit Wrote: Vehicular attacks are becoming the new norm.  Sad.

Guns rights advocates will use it as an excuse. "See, they'll use anything! They're sick!" As if the amount of vehicular killings could ever come close to the amount easily killed by firearms. Such a non sequitur.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...17be974d7a

We need to ban manned vehicles and let computers drive us instead!
(July 12, 2018 at 6:53 pm)Alexmahone Wrote:

We need to ban manned vehicles and let computers drive us instead!

Can we wait until we get computers that aren't stupid?
(July 12, 2018 at 7:02 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(July 12, 2018 at 6:53 pm)Alexmahone Wrote: We need to ban manned vehicles and let computers drive us instead!

Can we wait until we get computers that aren't stupid?

Computers scheming smartly to kill you are better than computers blundering stupidly to kill you?
(July 12, 2018 at 6:49 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(July 12, 2018 at 6:43 pm)Aegon Wrote: Guns rights advocates will use it as an excuse. "See, they'll use anything! They're sick!" As if the amount of vehicular killings could ever come close to the amount easily killed by firearms. Such a non sequitur.

Even if that were true it's still an excuse not to talk about gun violence.And of course
[Image: tumblr_mlmz4vU7kj1s04ltmo1_500.jpg]

Inuit Proverb

(July 12, 2018 at 6:49 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(July 12, 2018 at 6:43 pm)Aegon Wrote: Guns rights advocates will use it as an excuse. "See, they'll use anything! They're sick!" As if the amount of vehicular killings could ever come close to the amount easily killed by firearms. Such a non sequitur.

I thought the point that they made in the article about gun deaths being largely intentional, whereas car deaths are mostly accidental was interesting. I would actually think that you would have a better case to be made, if the gun deaths where mostly accidental. Gun laws have shown to have little affect on homicide rates. And the largest portion of gun deaths is suicides.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Attack on Russian Concert Hall Ravenshire 11 431 March 27, 2024 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Terror attack at UK hospital downbeatplumb 6 483 November 15, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  IS attack on Kabul Uni Foxaèr 4 476 November 3, 2020 at 8:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 411 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’ EgoDeath 148 8172 October 3, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Yellow Vest protests masked by a terrorist attack WinterHold 7 1349 December 14, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Terror attack in Melbourne this arvo. ignoramus 19 1520 November 10, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: no one
  Saudi group posts photo of plane about to hit Toronto's CN tower... ReptilianPeon 17 2531 August 10, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Mass Shooting In Toronto (updated ) Amarok 51 8203 July 24, 2018 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Today The Temporary Monument To The Toronto Van Attack Was Taken Down Amarok 1 435 June 4, 2018 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Cecelia