Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life-extending Drug May Also Combat Obesity
Life-extending Drug May Also Combat Obesity
Quote:The compound resveratrol, which is present in red wine and gained fame for its supposed life-extending properties, might also help combat obesity, a new study in animals suggests.

The results show lemurs, members of the primate family, gained less weight during their seasonal fattening period when they consumed daily resveratrol supplements.

The drug also boosted the primates' metabolism and appeared to cause the animals to cut back their food at mealtime, factors that could have contributed to the anti-obesity effects.

Primates are considered a better model for what might happen in people than more distantly related animals, such as rats or mice. However, much more research is needed to determine whether such diet-inducing effects hold true for humans, the researchers say.

From Yahoo.com

What do you think?
[Image: britishatheist.jpg]
RE: Life-extending Drug May Also Combat Obesity
I'm sure there are plenty of Primates they could test this on down here in the South (U.S.)...Tongue

You guys will probably have access to this drug in the near future, however the FDA here in the U.S. will find some reason to ban it....
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
RE: Life-extending Drug May Also Combat Obesity
I like the life extending part, I'm pretty skinny so I'm not sure if the anti-obesity effect would be very good Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life eating other life. Brian37 42 2248 May 14, 2021 at 4:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our Wold may end, according to leading scientists. Jehanne 8 536 April 15, 2021 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  quality of life or life for life's sake tackattack 37 2296 November 24, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I may have posted the before. This is totally disturbing to me. brewer 6 1055 April 12, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  It may not be the OPP that has HPV. brewer 8 1171 April 9, 2017 at 7:19 am
  Maple syrup may save millions Amarok 9 863 April 7, 2017 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Medical/ rec drug injection/endocarditis brewer 2 777 September 19, 2016 at 10:26 am
  Chimps may have entered their stone age. downbeatplumb 54 8725 February 19, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Drug addiction Marsellus Wallace 0 850 October 29, 2015 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Men are better than women in combat SmootherPebble 61 17064 September 11, 2015 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: thehedglin