Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chimps may have entered their stone age.
Chimps may have entered their stone age.
Quote:At 4,300 years old, the chimps' tools correspond to the late Stone Age of human history—before the advent of agriculture in West Africa.

"Until recently people used to say that among modern-day chimpanzees the behavior came from imitation of farmers," Mercader said. "That assumption is no longer valid. What we present predates the presence of farming."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...tools.html

One more thing to make humans that bit less "special".

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Chimps may have entered their stone age.
That's pretty interesting. It's common knowledge that chimps are of the smarter non-humans on the planet. They've reached the stone age.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Wow! Cool Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
If only the muslims can progress as much...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Waiting for creationists to do likewise.
Dying to live, living to die.
Is Caesar in the offing ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

But if monkeys came from us, why are we still here?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 26, 2015 at 8:53 pm)robvalue Wrote: But if monkeys came from us, why are we still here?

We're not.
Dying to live, living to die.
As Rob suggests, we are in a sim run by Kevin.
Ready for the scary part!

Kevin is a ape. His real name is Cornelius.
The apes never turned into humans, we evolved intelligence side by side.
There was a great war, the apes won.
They now run us n this sim in a museum so the young apes can learn about us before we became extinct.

They did the right thing though, even in the sim we are still arseholes to each other.
All species evolve but only some can grow up.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 26, 2015 at 7:58 pm)ignoramus Wrote: If only the muslims can progress as much...

That's a little harsh, don't you think? Abdus Salam of Pakistan won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1979, for example. Oh, wait...he's an Ahmadi so he doesn't count...Or are Ahmadis suddenly not Kuffar anymore because it suits the situation...eh you're probably right, ignoramus. Arabs used to be really inquisitive people, who sadly stopped doing science because of religion. So sad!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our Wold may end, according to leading scientists. Jehanne 8 520 April 15, 2021 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  the age of the earth jasonelijah 88 5167 March 30, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Chimps smarter than people. . . vsauce bennyboy 1 250 February 22, 2019 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Woe unto those who depend on the bible for their knowledge of evolution Whateverist 1 552 August 7, 2018 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Transgender kids’ brains resemble their gender identity, not their biological sex Foxaèr 19 3267 May 23, 2018 at 10:06 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  I may have posted the before. This is totally disturbing to me. brewer 6 1048 April 12, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  How did our cells get their "information"? Sayetsu 26 3677 March 26, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks vorlon13 13 1436 December 22, 2017 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  It may not be the OPP that has HPV. brewer 8 1165 April 9, 2017 at 7:19 am
Last Post: brewer
  Maple syrup may save millions Amarok 9 844 April 7, 2017 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: Chad32