Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Donald Trump wants to "Close Up" the internet "in some ways"
Donald Trump wants to "Close Up" the internet "in some ways"
http://www.ibtimes.com/donald-trump-want...is-2215683

"We are losing a lot of people to the Internet. We have to do something. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them [about], maybe in certain areas, closing that internet up in some way."
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Donald Trump wants to "Close Up" the internet "in some ways"
So this is going to be like SOPA again, or something?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

This isn't just Trump. Most politicians have absolutely no idea how the Internet actually works so they come up with all these wacky ideas that will never work.

It's like the current talk of "banning" encryption. Guess what? You'd have to ban several mathematical methods, because that's all encryption is these days.
Gotta agree, boss.  Who can forget the words of Ted Stevens...senator from Alaska and his internet "tubes."

(December 9, 2015 at 12:42 am)Tiberius Wrote: This isn't just Trump. Most politicians have absolutely no idea how the Internet actually works so they come up with all these wacky ideas that will never work.

It's like the current talk of "banning" encryption. Guess what? You'd have to ban several mathematical methods, because that's all encryption is these days.
Banning the internet, effectively, would be like trying to exterminate every fly in existence.

It would be endlessly exhausting, and no matter what there's always going to be some trace of it left.

Also if Trump thinks these people are communicating over the surface web[99% chance he does] then he has made a fatal error. The Deep Web is where basically all of the major jihadist activity goes on, focusing all his efforts on the surface web, which is already heavily monitored, would not only be pointless but frankly ignorant.

Anyways, that's all hypothetical of course, I know he didn't say he would ban it, or that any of this will follow through, I just needed an excuse to sound 'tech-y' for a second.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
Sequestering addicts in tech free zones is about all I can come up with.

Somebody will have to explain all this to the Amish . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 9, 2015 at 1:06 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Sequestering addicts in tech free zones is about all I can come up with.

Somebody will have to explain all this to the Amish . . . .
LOL can you imagine

two years from now when Trump is president and has banned the internet and all technologies capable of accessing it(basically everything)

now suddenly the Amish are the ones who are more advanced.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

Quote:An Amish lady is trotting down the road in her horse and buggy when she is pulled over by a cop.
Ma'am, I'm not going to ticket you, but I do have to issue you a warning. You have a broken reflector on your buggy.
Oh, I'll let my husband, Jacob, know as soon as I get home.
That's fine. Another thing, ma'am. I don't like the way that one rein loops across the horse's back and around one of his balls. I consider that animal abuse. That's cruelty to animals. Have your husband take care of that right away!
Later that day, the lady is home telling her husband about her encounter with the cop.
Well, dear, what exactly did he say? He said the reflector is broken.
I can fix that in two minutes. What else?
I'm not sure, Jacob ... something about the emergency brake...
I do wish he'd close up the huge stream of bullshit, misinformation, and stupidty.

It's a lot easier than talking to Bill Gates; it entails Trump not talking to anyone at all.

I wish that troglodyte would shut the fuck up.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump is Poor DeistPaladin 55 2216 October 2, 2020 at 6:12 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So ....... who wants to go bowling? ignoramus 15 1412 April 26, 2020 at 8:32 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2169 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Has the EU just killed the internet as we know it? Fidel_Castronaut 11 1250 March 27, 2019 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Donald Trump Jr. compares border wall to zoo fences that hold animals WinterHold 3 281 January 10, 2019 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Donald Trump Is Pulling Out Of Syria BrianSoddingBoru4 52 3506 December 23, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  More proof 45 wants blind loyalty. Brian37 22 2556 December 8, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Internet bonkers over Trump at funeral. Brian37 9 1974 December 6, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Donald Trump Thinks that the F-35 is Invisible to the Naked Eye... ReptilianPeon 32 4820 November 18, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Donald Trump shuts down EPA's climate change website. Jehanne 6 832 November 4, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Joods